Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, I am new here and since I am Dutch I hope you all will understand my English wich is not my native tongue.

I just bought Xara Webstyle 4 and now I am trying to create a website with a frameset.
    Ho should I do this within Xara Webstyle 4

Anyone any idea?

greetings from Holland, Dick

Dick,
    I personally contacted Xara prior to purchasing Webstyle about using it with frames. I was told that Webstyle does not support the use of frames. I have tried many ways since to do it myself and was unsuccessful. I no longer use frames. I think its more worth your time to learn how to do a site without frames rather than spend the excessive amount of time trying to use frames and not figure it out.

If you have any further questions, I will try to answer them. I know many other people on here can help too (a lot of talented people).

Hi Todd,

thank you for the repley. I think I bought my software to soon. I'd better check this out first.
    I think it is strange that the mnu's and navbars in Webstyle do have the possibillity to referr to another frame, while Xara doesn't have the possibility to build a site with frames.

How does it work than if I want my content to appear on the right site (or the middle) of my homepage while my menu is on the left site. Normally I would do this with frames, but how doest it work in Xara?

When I use Webstyle to build a page or site, I use the web page templates. I customize them to my liking then use Macromedia Dreamweaver to place the content within the pages. It is also compatable with Microsoft Frontpage but I am not very fond of that program. If you need anything else I will continue to watch the post.

Hi Todd

Webstyle and Menu Maker navbars do not support the overlapping of frames but they do allow you to retrieve linked pages within a particular frame.

From the menus button you can configure the button properties including the button name, url it links to, the frame the linked page is retrieved in and the alt text displayed when mousing over the button.

Webstyle buttons work with frames as per Bb2. It is the submenus which cannot overlap a frame. I also find this frustrating, particular on my current project where I had to reject iframes due to lack of kiosk support for them. I was forced to use frames, though I would usually avoid them at all costs. To get round problem I had to just use menu buttons and then create separate submenus (buttons) within the framed pages. Not ideal but workable.