Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

All of these toys feature in their own individual image. I just brought them together here, made a room background and added the shadow of a young boy. That's how CHAMBRE DE JEU (=playroom) was born.

- the moulding on the wall was made by a bevelled rectangle (with sides cut) and a line.
    - I drew the Teddy Bear freehand and made a brush for its appearance.
    - Once the two basic shapes of the blocks were done, making more copies with different colors was a breeze. Of course, I put the letters individually.
    - The toddler was partly traced manually from a bitmap, partly drawn freehand. Its shadow was then added.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jouets.gif 
Views:	360 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	1423  

All of these toys feature in their own individual image. I just brought them together here, made a room background and added the shadow of a young boy. That's how CHAMBRE DE JEU (=playroom) was born.

- the moulding on the wall was made by a bevelled rectangle (with sides cut) and a line.
    - I drew the Teddy Bear freehand and made a brush for its appearance.
    - Once the two basic shapes of the blocks were done, making more copies with different colors was a breeze. Of course, I put the letters individually.
    - The toddler was partly traced manually from a bitmap, partly drawn freehand. Its shadow was then added.

Hi Jean
    Oh for those childhood days. At least when we get older we can play with these toys on our computers. It is a very happy image. I like the texture that you used for the teddy bear.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Very sweet image Jean-Guy.

Is the shadow coming into the composition, that of a small child?

The bevels on the nutscacker work very well.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

It is a nice image, Jean-Guy!

The shadow of the little child adds a "little something".

Tres bien!

Risto

Salut Jean Guy,

Last year I was in a fantastic international exposition of teddy bears here in Belgium. I have sent a card from there to a woman friend who works in Montréal Botanic Garden (I was there two years ago).
    I like the brush you have used for the hairs! It looks like my own very old and beloved bear!
    And of course if you are interested to share this brush, only send it to me (see my e-mail in my profile) and I could put it onto the Swap Shop!

Kindly yours,

ivan

I noticed that since a few months I draw freehand more often. Perhaps I’m more confident than before.

To encourage beginners, I might add that I discovered vector drawing when I bought CorelXARA (the ancestor of Xara X) a little over two years ago. Before that I dabbled in Paint Shop Pro for 8-10 months (and before that I didn’t know how to draw).

BRUCE: Thx for your encouragements.

GARY: The shadow is that of a not so small boy. The boy is fatter, unfortunately his elongated shadow doesn’t make justice to this. Any comment is welcome.

RISTO: I had the idea of placing the shadow of the boy exactly "to add a little something".

YVAN- Salut. Naturellement I’ll make the brush available for download. The look I really wanted for the appearance of the Teddy Bear was that of your CATFUR brush, but with shorter hair, and dark brown and light brown. I worked and tried for hours but without success. I finally made my TB brush.

[This message was edited by Jean-Guy Campeau on May 21, 2001 at 19:18.]