I got carried away. Those were my opinions of the GIMP, based on my frustrations trying it out. OK, I was too negative without being very constructive. Oops!

Its free, so give it a try if you like! If you like doing most actions by selecting menu items you'll love it!

Constructive criticism - The Gimp would be hugely more attractive without that crazy menu system. According to sources I have read, the programmer of the Gimp refuses to change the interface to one that is more user-friendly. I would love to see the interface improved and would try it again if that happened.

I don't believe that TG is any more negative than it used to be. I feel that the most positive aspect of TG is in its members willingness to help others, which has not changed at all IMO. Though a few posts here and there ARE negative, I believe that some members tend to take posts personally or negatively when those posts were not intended that way.

A good example, Gidgit's posts on this thread. What venom? What negativity? I don't see any of that in Gidgits's posts.

My two cents.

I am out of this thread too. We don't need flamewars or hard feelings over an app! More power to those who use Gimp!

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
- Lewis Carroll