Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Maybe this one is easy, but I did not find a solution yet:

Whenever I paste text into X, it renders as "Times New Roman" with "12pt", no matter what my default settings are and no matter how the paragraph in X was formatted before.

Also, on startup, I get the same font / size as default.

I tried saving the default template with other font settings, but it seems they're lost when I close X.

Did I miss something or is this the normal - still very annoying - behavior ??

Wolfgang

Maybe this one is easy, but I did not find a solution yet:

Whenever I paste text into X, it renders as "Times New Roman" with "12pt", no matter what my default settings are and no matter how the paragraph in X was formatted before.

Also, on startup, I get the same font / size as default.

I tried saving the default template with other font settings, but it seems they're lost when I close X.

Did I miss something or is this the normal - still very annoying - behavior ??

Wolfgang

I posted the same strange behaviour. As I never do anything in Times New Roman, it is quite annoying to me also.
    Another thing I don't really appreciate is the default black fill colour.

I too don't like the way Xara doesn't allow the user to specific their own defaults for font settings (among others).

And i also am not a fan of how Xara insists on opening with both the Fill AND stroke options turned on.
    I can understand Xara's logic behind it, but i wish we the user could set our own preferences for this.

I wish we could change these things. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mark...