Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: WIN 2000 Bug?

I was going through Dmagician's "The quickest way to make a metallic effect in XaraX" tip and have found that I can create the effect on screen, but it does not export properly. (The screen capture below illustrates the problem.) Is this a 2000 bug? Has anyone running WIN 2000 been able to export the image properly? I'm running the 2.2 patch on WIN 2000 (Compaq PII-450, 256 MB, 16MB Matrox G-200 w/ latest 2000 driver, all SCSI w/ 15 GB open) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MetalText.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	3426  

I was going through Dmagician's "The quickest way to make a metallic effect in XaraX" tip and have found that I can create the effect on screen, but it does not export properly. (The screen capture below illustrates the problem.) Is this a 2000 bug? Has anyone running WIN 2000 been able to export the image properly? I'm running the 2.2 patch on WIN 2000 (Compaq PII-450, 256 MB, 16MB Matrox G-200 w/ latest 2000 driver, all SCSI w/ 15 GB open) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Ric,

I tried both GIF and JPG export. Both work just fine!

I have 2K, latest patch (SP2), PIII with TNT Riva video card (I guess ..)

And of course Xara-X Cd with the latest patch from xara.com ..

So it's not Win2K ...

Wolfgang

Name:	met_2k.gif 
Views:	203 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	19485  

I must be missing a step or doing something improperly. I just went to a different machine (running NT) and had the same result. Tonight I will try again. Thanks for the help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yeah I'm so happy to see you guys are metallizing ;-)) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The step I was missing was to select the bevel, then use the Tab key to select the text "shape" and THEN apply the feather. I was applying the feather to the bevel. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Name:	MetalTextRBH.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	7442  

how much better things go when you follow the instructions. Thanx for the help, Wolfgang. And much appreciation for the tip, Roman.