Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Love the new forum. It loads far quicker than the old one. Just testing the attachment system with this image previously in Xara 3d 4 section.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	with_clouds2.gif 
Views:	968 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	1141  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Love the new forum. It loads far quicker than the old one. Just testing the attachment system with this image previously in Xara 3d 4 section.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Or to be more PC, Oh Ms. Cabin Attendant...

Nice to see the airplane flying in the new topic, Eric. I know it's been here for a while, but it just needs to be commented upon.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

Never saw your airplane in the old forum and I'm glad you posted it again. I am constantly amazed at what some of you do with 3D4! I wonder if Xara actually knew what their little gem was capable of?

Dennis

<a href=http://www.inconnect.com/~dennisco/>Carillus Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

Hey, to heck with this mutual admiration stuff.
    I wanna know how you did that. Not how did you make the animation but, how did you put the lettering on the plane after you made it in the Xara 3D?

buddycom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    buddycom

Hi Buddycom

How did I put the lettering on the plane? It was quite simple really. The plane was drawn in 3 parts i.e. The fusalage, the wings and the tail plane. Once I had imported these as seperate objects and manipulated them using the text manipulations to get the plane shape, I returned to Xara and using the fusalage as a starting point produced a rough estimation of the livery to then export it as a bitmap texture to apply to the shape in Xara 3D. From there you can get the main deminensions required, and by swapping between the two programs add extra details as required. It's trail & error but it's no problem in Xara. I enclose the Xara bitmap I used for the plane. (The yellow border is only added to show the overall dimension, and was not part of the original bitmap export texture)

I have recently completed a mobile phone in Xara 3D in which the keypad buttons needed to be a different font size than the casing. However it was quite easy to adjust the keypad fill textures within the overall casing by trial & error to eventually get them to match the raised key buttons within Xara 3D.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane_livery.gif 
Views:	573 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	4775  
    Egg