Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I have the bitmap "opened" (see "help again" topic), and I try to open the bitmap gallery, I get this serious error:

Integer divide by zero at offset 0X0038841B

Below left I get an error too: although it is a 15Odpi file, Xara interprets it as only 16...

And OK Xara can't open photopaint files, but even with a simple photograph scanned in Photoshop (I was there when they did it: no manipulation at all) I keep having no preview and a vertical line when I import and the above message when I try to open the bitmap gallery. There is nothing wrong with the file: I can preview it and open it in Irfanview and in Photopaint...

I even had to reboot my computer as Internet Exploder couldn't find my proxy anymore...

I'll try TIFF? but this should be working...the .psd file wasn't really big: 320x240 pix, and some 100K...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on January 25, 2001 at 07:08 AM.]

When I have the bitmap "opened" (see "help again" topic), and I try to open the bitmap gallery, I get this serious error:

Integer divide by zero at offset 0X0038841B

Below left I get an error too: although it is a 15Odpi file, Xara interprets it as only 16...

And OK Xara can't open photopaint files, but even with a simple photograph scanned in Photoshop (I was there when they did it: no manipulation at all) I keep having no preview and a vertical line when I import and the above message when I try to open the bitmap gallery. There is nothing wrong with the file: I can preview it and open it in Irfanview and in Photopaint...

I even had to reboot my computer as Internet Exploder couldn't find my proxy anymore...

I'll try TIFF? but this should be working...the .psd file wasn't really big: 320x240 pix, and some 100K...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on January 25, 2001 at 07:08 AM.]

I can preview and open the file in Coreldraw 9.
    I can open .psd (packbits) and .psd without compression.

In Xara, trying to view via Bitmap Fill, I get previews for files I can't open or import, and no preview for the .tif file I can import and open...

What am I doing wrong???????
    I'd rather work in Xara, but if I can't, I have to turn back to DRAW, which would be a real DRAWback...

After download the versions 1.0a, 1.0aa, 1.0b I have the same problem with some tif-files produced with Corel-Photopaint-7 XaraX crahes by clicking the file - sometimes I get a message: "serious error from XaraX - access violation exception at offset 0x0044BA58". After clicking "quit" XaraX crahes too.
    Perhaps the files are failed, but with other files it works and by testing with CorelXara 2 - the same TIF-files can be imported correctly without any problems.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Erik,

pls do yourself a favor: switch to TIFF and forget PSD forever.

I tried to import a TIFF 9000 x 6000 pixels, and it worked without a glitch. Same with PNG. I saved the same picture in PSD and got a color striped monster. Besides this, the PSD file is 2 times as large as the TIFF.

Now what?

Conclusion: either go with Adobe products or forget them - be a REAL professional and stick to the REAL standards, not the pseudo standards established by some arrogant company.

Enjoy your future with PhotoLine 32 and XARA X.

BTW, if you think I've done this test run on a monster machine, you are wrong. I made it on my 233 MHz PI with NT 4 and a shitty bit of RAM - but with a nice SCSI subsystem.

Instead wasting time and money on fancy apps that cause trouble, you'd better invest into a professional operating system and reliable software and - to repeat it - stick to the REAL standards.

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--