Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Emel - I noticed that it was july 11 that you posted your awsome Renault Megane Car Illustration. Have you been working on this one ever since? It looks like an incredible amount of work was involved in this image. Did you use Xara's isometric grid?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Emel,
    Having tried to reproduce a drawing of Oscar Reutersvard, which was a very simple shape in comparison to yours, I can only admire your persistance in producing the above image. Working on a drawing with such a false perspective on such a large canvas must have addled your brain. Excellent.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For those interested here's a link to a page about Reutersvard. Thanks Egg for the pointer to his work.

Regards, Ross

Thanks Ross for those links.
    I don't know why the offical Escher site did not show up in my web search. I enjoyed the web site.

Great work Emel!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Once again thanks everybody for feedback on this. Trying to answer to some of the questions I may tell you that I didn´t made any sketch on paper or followed any pre scheme. I have 6 reproductions of Escher drawings in my living room. Sometimes after dinner a pick one from the wall and watch it carefully.I've been doing this for quite a while. So I've started my drawing with some cubes and stairs in the perpective (isometric) I want. I never use layers because they are irritating to me so I use grouped objects and Ctrl+Shift+U or D and then Ctrl+Shift+B or F or I ungroup objects and place parts in diferent layers and that´s all to put objects where I want. I believe I took about 40 ours on this and I could get more. Because everytime I open the file I feel tempted to do something more. I did originally the image in color and than converted to BW.

Escher was brilliant and a genius in my opinion. So my main thinking was: What if such a brilliant guy like M.C.Escher had Xara to perform his drawings?

This is merely an humble inspiration. In fact this is a much more simple drawing than any drawing of Escher.
    If you want I can post the color version or any details.
    Keep the good work and may Xara inspire all of us.

Taschen editions cover all the work of Maurits Cornelis Escher and are excellent to really appreciate his outstanding work.Any good book shop must have them.

Emel

[This message was edited by emel on August 17, 2001 at 09:01.]

Please do post your colour version!

Question - did you find with the isometric grid it allowed you to repeat objects (or groups of them like a staircase)? I imagine that being able to repeat would have saved considerable time.

Regards, Ross

Dear Ross

I'm posting the color version. I didn´t use the iso grid except for creation of objects. I like to have a clean canvas. That´s the way I like to work. No grid no layers. Obviouly I used a lot of duplicate objects but I prefere to position it with snap help. Maybe not to tech but more intuitive and free at least for me. I'm completely chaos oriented when I start anything. I try to get the feeling first and then I start organizing things. I must tell you that illustration is my best theraphy. Being a creative director for some years and dealing with frustration almost 50% of my time I find drawing a freeing exercize so I don't care about rules although I know a few ones. Spending some ours drawing something without anybody bothering me is really my favourite bread.

Cheers

Emel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	escher.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	3997  

emel,
    That is your masterpiece if i may say so.
    i prefer the b&w version myself
    well done!

eric

Emel,

This would make a wonderful poster.