Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am new to the Xara environment (used to Photoshop), but I have been leaning towards it because of the AWESOME ability of the transperency effects. However, I am trying to export various files from Xara, but am loosing the alpha.

Example: I am trying to export a circular object to a .png format. How do I export it so that anything outside the circle is transperent?

I know this may be simpler than what I have had to do which is: export it as a tiff, go into Photoshop and add the alpha, save it again as a tiff, and import it into Fireworks and save it to a png.

I have found NO OTHER WAY to do this. There MUST be some other way. Please help!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

http://www.creativevine.com/images/logo-350.jpg

Creative designs are expressions from the mind, not from the seen (that would be plagairism).

I am new to the Xara environment (used to Photoshop), but I have been leaning towards it because of the AWESOME ability of the transperency effects. However, I am trying to export various files from Xara, but am loosing the alpha.

Example: I am trying to export a circular object to a .png format. How do I export it so that anything outside the circle is transperent?

I know this may be simpler than what I have had to do which is: export it as a tiff, go into Photoshop and add the alpha, save it again as a tiff, and import it into Fireworks and save it to a png.

I have found NO OTHER WAY to do this. There MUST be some other way. Please help!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

http://www.creativevine.com/images/logo-350.jpg

Creative designs are expressions from the mind, not from the seen (that would be plagairism).

Hello

Export as truecolour + alpha any or all selected
    objects.

Mike Engles