I'd be completely gob smacked if someone typed in Xara and we didn't come first. The problem we have is more to do with link popularity. If you run searches on more broad based key words like graphics, vector graphics, etc. etc., we don't score nearly as well as the competition.

As far as I'm aware, Google rates and ranks your site according to the "quality" of the links to it (as well as the "quality" of the links to those links). It sounds incredibly subjective to me, but that is how they do it. Since Google is one of the more popular search engines, we need to figure out how to improve our rating. The only thing I can think of is by increasing the number of sites linked to us that are listed on DMOZ (that's where Google draws it's database from).

That's why I asked for the help.

Gary - You're right on the article increasing traffic to our site, Gary. I can't believe that CA gave you that many pages to work with! I'm stunned. :-)

But we still have the problem of attracting people who are looking for a graphics program, but have never heard of Xara....we need to increase our link popularity so they can find us more easily.

ROSS - I'll drop in on the other post and forward it to someone in the office.

Thanks for the help :-)

T