Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I am new here, and somewhat new to Photoshop and Imageready. I have an older version of these two programs(Photoshop 6.0 and Imageready 3.0). I created an Imagemap, sliced it up and put some rollovers in it. I previewed the image in internet explorer, copied the code and pasted it to a blank notepad document. Then I saved the image optomized as: Gif, Selective, Diffusion, 0 lossy 256 colors and 100% dither. It is also non-interlaced I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, when I opened the file that I pasted the code to in I.E., The Image map worked fine and looked good on a white background, but when I changed the background, or even the background color, a thin white jagged border appears around all parts of the image. This gives it a distorted and crappy look.

Please help. I have been working on this for a few days and I can't figure it out. Thank you for reading this.

-Kevin
    IP

Hi,

I am new here, and somewhat new to Photoshop and Imageready. I have an older version of these two programs(Photoshop 6.0 and Imageready 3.0). I created an Imagemap, sliced it up and put some rollovers in it. I previewed the image in internet explorer, copied the code and pasted it to a blank notepad document. Then I saved the image optomized as: Gif, Selective, Diffusion, 0 lossy 256 colors and 100% dither. It is also non-interlaced I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, when I opened the file that I pasted the code to in I.E., The Image map worked fine and looked good on a white background, but when I changed the background, or even the background color, a thin white jagged border appears around all parts of the image. This gives it a distorted and crappy look.

Please help. I have been working on this for a few days and I can't figure it out. Thank you for reading this.

-Kevin
    IP

The "matte" color is the color used for the outermost pixels of each image when those images are anti-aliased. Make the matte color the same color as your background. The default is white.

The matte color choice shows up in the Save for Web dialog box. It also shows up in the similar dialog in ImageReady.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

Wow, thanks man that helped a lot. I really appreciate the help.

-Kevin
    IP