Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

. . . at www.graphics.com - they're two of my all-time favorite writers on graphics matters. :-)

But I would also warmly recommend Tom Arah's columns at www.designer-info.com. There are few who knows as much as he, and who can write so clearly.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

. . . at www.graphics.com - they're two of my all-time favorite writers on graphics matters. :-)

But I would also warmly recommend Tom Arah's columns at www.designer-info.com. There are few who knows as much as he, and who can write so clearly.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Hey, good write up there Klaus, very informative as per usual... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yea, designer-info is a good site with many good articles, though I must admit that I am a wee bit disappointed in that the latest review there on PhotoImpact is for version 6... oh well, non the less, this site is chaulk full of terrific info... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Some amateur astronomers are rather too familiar with CCD noise at low light levels. One piece of software which is designed to add up images over a period of time is "Astrostack". There have even been some remarkable results with webcams attached to telescopes using this technique.

It might be worth experimenting with Astrostack (www.astrostack.com)!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme