Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In light of the beginning of life (new baseball season), I recently purchased a posterboard with the 1973 logo of my hometown baseball team. Not content to just scan it in, I decided to recreate it in Xara by tracing over the image. Little bigger project than I had anticipated and it would've been extremely difficult without the use of layers.

I imagine the following logo is copyrighted, trademarked, patented, certified, registered, and everything else under the sun. I hereby ack the above have no intent to use my copy for commercial purposes. However, I imagine Major Leagues Baseball still wants me to pay megabucks for the purpose of giving one of their teams free publicity.

joroho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twins.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	3633  
    Wise men still seek Him.

In light of the beginning of life (new baseball season), I recently purchased a posterboard with the 1973 logo of my hometown baseball team. Not content to just scan it in, I decided to recreate it in Xara by tracing over the image. Little bigger project than I had anticipated and it would've been extremely difficult without the use of layers.

I imagine the following logo is copyrighted, trademarked, patented, certified, registered, and everything else under the sun. I hereby ack the above have no intent to use my copy for commercial purposes. However, I imagine Major Leagues Baseball still wants me to pay megabucks for the purpose of giving one of their teams free publicity.

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

Joroho,

Great job on the poster, it looks really good!

Be careful Joroho, the Major Leagues ARE going to come after you! It is rumoured that some players salaries are paid out from XARA forum copyright lawsuits [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

Recreating a scanned image is excellent practice and a good way to master the tools in a practical way. Posting an image like this is a good way to get mail from a law firm [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

This is an old logo and is not show on mlb.com which has the warning:

The following are trademarks or service marks of Major League Baseball entities and may be used only with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the relevant Major League Baseball entity: Major League, Major League Baseball, MLB, the silhouetted batter logo, World Series, National League, American League, Division Series, League Championship
    Series, All-Star Game, and the names, nicknames, logos, uniform designs, color combinations, and slogans designating the Major League Baseball clubs and entities, and their respective mascots, events and exhibitions.

The new logo is attached as a fair use for educational purposes only [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I reboot Windows for a living
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark