Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Visual Ideas

At Maya's gentle urging, I have decided to make a separate post of this image that I previously posted in the depths of another thread. The drawing expresses some thoughts I was having about questions of copyright law.

I have also decided to present this as a challenge to all interested Xara artists out there. The challenge is to create an image to express a specific idea or set of ideas about a topic that interests you. I know that all visual art does this in varying degrees; that's an important part of what makes it art. But in this challenge, I'm asking for bold and clear, perhaps humourous statements about something that really holds a charge for you (at least for long enough to inspire the completion of the image!).

I look forward to the avalanche of responses to this challenge.

Glen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copyright_Eater.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	3403  
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

At Maya's gentle urging, I have decided to make a separate post of this image that I previously posted in the depths of another thread. The drawing expresses some thoughts I was having about questions of copyright law.

I have also decided to present this as a challenge to all interested Xara artists out there. The challenge is to create an image to express a specific idea or set of ideas about a topic that interests you. I know that all visual art does this in varying degrees; that's an important part of what makes it art. But in this challenge, I'm asking for bold and clear, perhaps humourous statements about something that really holds a charge for you (at least for long enough to inspire the completion of the image!).

I look forward to the avalanche of responses to this challenge.

Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

it expresses how I feel most of the time. My career is one deadline after another.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Name:	deadline.gif 
Views:	288 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	14561  

If you want to know...
    What I just can't tolerate...

I started out thinking I'd do something "cheery"---but recent topics brought out this image instead. It's a problem everywhere.

---As The Crow Sees It---
    Maya

Name:	intolerance1.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	9211  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

... to me. I'm the only network services person with 150 people to support.

Soquili

Name:	work-home.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	11278  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

In the screenshot -gasp-gasp- (you knocked the wind out of me!) are those all Xara icons??? I've never seen anything like that before. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Soquili, how can you concentrate with all of those toolbars staring at you all the time?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Is that an older version of Xara X?

Dale

read through the last -BIG- thread and thought about Garys poll. My Idea is, that everybody needs his 15 fabulous minutes in lifetime. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].
    Have fun, whatever you do!
    Tom

Name:	fab15.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	11849  

A thoughtful thread with some fascinating and haunting images. Copyrights, deadlines, cries for help ... am I glad I'm retired! Xara X and the computer are a joy to me; there are lots of frustrations but I usually have time to overcome them. I'd had to battling a deadline when some of those blank screens, error messages, illegal operations signs come up. Now, how can I illustrate this ? Cheers, Neil

Ross and Dale,
    That's my normal setup for Xara X and it is the current version. I find navigating menus to slow down my playing with Xara, so I have a 19 inch monitor set at 1024 X 768. I have many, but not all of the toolbars active. That still leaves me with lots of room for drawing, and they don't distract me.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update