Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Crowd Control

It's quite around here lately. I've been experimenting in 2.5D lately. This is where I'm at currently.
    here.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hi Egg,
    Is it all action script with tweening. I have done a bit but I always think after all the work that I had to put in that it looks a bit naff and not worth the effort. Mind you looking at yours and some other sites in 2.5 D I shold really try harder. I really hate to see proper 3D in flash it looks so cheap and I have yet to see a site which uses this technique to its best.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Hi Albacore
    Its done with tweening inside of movie clips. It's something I wish I had more time for. I can't find the link to the guys site who gave me the inspiration. (I remember he had good things to say about XarX) I'll try and dig it up.
    Eric
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

What's 2.5D?
    IP

2.5D (at least as we define it at work) is 3D that's rendered to look like it's 2D, or vice-versa (2D that's done to try and make it seem like it has properties of 3D).

Seems that Egg is going with the latter. As for sites that use good 2.5D, most of the yugop stuff has been pretty cool, and there are a few really good games out there that do some neat 2.5D (by both definitions). Very cool stuff.

If you're looking for animation out there that's 2.5D, think the Spiderman cartoon done by Mainframe out in Vancouver, or the movie Titan A.E...

Hope this helps explain it!
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP