Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have question that has been bugging me lately and hopefully there is someone out there with an answer. Here we go: I designed a website using my iBook. Whenever I view it on my Mac it looks great, but whenever I view it on a PC (I know PCs suck) the graphics are blurry, not crisp like the iBook. Does anyone out there know the answer to this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have question that has been bugging me lately and hopefully there is someone out there with an answer. Here we go: I designed a website using my iBook. Whenever I view it on my Mac it looks great, but whenever I view it on a PC (I know PCs suck) the graphics are blurry, not crisp like the iBook. Does anyone out there know the answer to this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is too rich...

anyhoo, perhaps you have been viewing through a pc that has an inferior graphics card, or who's monitor is about kuputz...If it was a text issue then perhaps it would be nailed as the pixel vs point bit, but if it is the whole graphic look then it most likely is what has been mentioned above.

As for how the mighty mac is superior to the pc well, perhaps as a system including the OS, and then, I reiterate...only perhaps.

Fact is, PC's are bigger, faster and all around more cost efficient, and when running linux well, they simply blow the mighty mac right out of the water.

The mac made it's name in the printing industry then swung over to the multimedia way of life as well. It has hung on in this area like several other pesky industry standards, but between you and me, well, there has been quite the advances in technology in many areas over the course of the last say five years or so.

The Amiga was the original multimedia tool with such names as NewTek, Electronic Arts etc., but came to an end mainly because of poor management and marketing along with politics of course. (atari deserves some mention in this field as well, primarily because of the video game way of things )

But when one touts the Mac as being the end all machine in such a fashion as you have, well...I suppose everyone has their opinions, just keep in mind here, many industry standards have only been allowed to stay around because they are needed, not for their intended purposes, but rather for political/economical realities. nuff said.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]