Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Important Notice: When working on this project at home i use Flash MX 2004 Proffesional. When working on it at school i use Flash MX. I use CD-R, and email to transfer the project from the schools computer to my computer.

I'm doing a World War II project in flash, kind of like Microsoft Powerpoint, and on the project i was wondering how i could repeat the top banner without repeating the rest of the frame, the only command i know how to do this is STOP but i do not want the banner to stop itself.

The second best thing if that is not possible is to have the banner play once, then the entire frame including the banner stop after the banner has played once, please include suggestions on how to do this, i would really like the code for how to do it, and also any comment on the project would be nice, thanks. Keep in note that this project is not yet done, only the front page is and lots of things still need to be fixed on the front page.

One more thing, how could i make it so when the buttons are clicked they fade out, or they move and fade out at the same time?

Also is it possible to put a scene within a scene? maybe i could put the banner on the main page on a seperate scene so it would continue playing, kind of like a frame in a website, except in flash, it this possible? Please tell me how to do this if it is so.

Thanks for any help, that is, if you can make sense of the post i just posted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Important Notice: When working on this project at home i use Flash MX 2004 Proffesional. When working on it at school i use Flash MX. I use CD-R, and email to transfer the project from the schools computer to my computer.

I'm doing a World War II project in flash, kind of like Microsoft Powerpoint, and on the project i was wondering how i could repeat the top banner without repeating the rest of the frame, the only command i know how to do this is STOP but i do not want the banner to stop itself.

The second best thing if that is not possible is to have the banner play once, then the entire frame including the banner stop after the banner has played once, please include suggestions on how to do this, i would really like the code for how to do it, and also any comment on the project would be nice, thanks. Keep in note that this project is not yet done, only the front page is and lots of things still need to be fixed on the front page.

One more thing, how could i make it so when the buttons are clicked they fade out, or they move and fade out at the same time?

Also is it possible to put a scene within a scene? maybe i could put the banner on the main page on a seperate scene so it would continue playing, kind of like a frame in a website, except in flash, it this possible? Please tell me how to do this if it is so.

Thanks for any help, that is, if you can make sense of the post i just posted.
    IP

Xcl (Do you have a more informal name?)
    I'm not completely sure I understand your question. If I'm right, you want to know how to get the top (banner) image to repeat whilst allowing the main time line to continue on a different path?

To do this you need to create the banner as a seperate Movie Clip. This will then run independant of the main time line.

You mention Scenes. Flash tends to have moved away from scenes, but instead loads swf files in various layers.

If I can answer this first question, maybe we can move on to your other queries.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP