Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am trying something and I was hoping to get some opinions on the best way to do it. I have a black and white photo and I want to change the black to another color so the photo appears to be blue and white or green and white. How would you guys do it? Would you just use the channels? Or is there a better way?
    IP

I am trying something and I was hoping to get some opinions on the best way to do it. I have a black and white photo and I want to change the black to another color so the photo appears to be blue and white or green and white. How would you guys do it? Would you just use the channels? Or is there a better way?
    IP

Go to Hue & Saturation and check the colorize box [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Color Range is another way. You can create selections based on the light/dark ramp values in you BW image, then fill them in with colour. Channels don't fit in here as a method perse, but, if you want to, you can create layers for both and adjust the colour to your heart's content using either Gaussian's method or by simply changing the fill colour of each selected layer.

Good Luck
    IP

Thanks for you help.
    IP