Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I guess the image would help eh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shape-thingy.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	1237  

I has picturing a kid of about 9-12 years old. That would cover alot of toys. Young enough to play legos and things like that and yet old enough for more complicated toys.

--Randy

THANK YOU for the org chart, Randy. If ya can visualize something in Visio, everyone, than this makes total sense.

What we need is an inventory (and yes, I know thi will take time) of the toys. We cannot have too many of them, but a nice mix I think can be arrived at here. I would prefer to see a Lego creation instead of loose Legos:
    1.)They're teeny and will get lost in the sauce, as it were.
    2.)They are easily identifiable as a trademark item, but less so as a construction of say, a dumptruck or a dinosaur.

Personal opinion: I like the idea of the robot begging to be played with so much, I sort of want it to be a "place out of time". Jack-Inna-Boxes, spinning tops, teddy bears, construction toys...they might not have been part of my 9 year old, male experience...but I wish they were, and the picture then becomes attractive and wish-fulfillment to me. The bike helmet strikes me as too new...when I was a kid, we never wore helmets (and that's why so many of my friends and I have brain damage!)...but seriously, child safety then becomes a political issue (like not running with the scissors, so kids get blunt-edge plastic scissors to play with) in the image. I cringe that it might detract from the foreground action (P.S., please create Scrabble board from memory and do not duplicate it...again, copyright issue).

The enrgey's good here! Consider making the board part of the skateboard out of wood to make it a little more old-fashioned? Okay, okay, I'm out of here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW, this "old man" who has been drinking too much coffee, Wayne? I'm two years older than Jens, which puts me at 48 and two steps from the retirement home and dentures, eh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

I'm sorry I haven't been around for the past few days, guys. I totally screwed up my new computer.

First thing was, I got this new computer and none of my Corel works with it because it's too old of a version. dag nabbit

Then we got Morpheus. That was cool, but one day there were 30,000 new files in the shared folder. I didn't know where they came from.

I thought that one of us downloaded an entire website or something. Most of the new images were arrows and buttons and junk like that. I couldn't even navigate because there was so much stuff in there.

I started to throw it away, a screen at a time.

That's when I found out that someone (ie. one of my kids or me) had selected my entire hard drive to share!

I had been throwing away components from MY hard drive!

Now, not only do I not have Corel anymore but Illustrator won't work either, I had lost AOL and I'm not even sure what else yet. I am working on reinstalling things and making sure windows is ok.

Luckily I still have the use of my Mom's computer for work.

I think the chart is excellent Randy. If everyone wanted to e-mail me a little thumbnail (about 50-75 pixels wide) of their toys already completed I could post them all together as one. With that and the chart we could get a better picture of were we're at.

mom_de_bomb@yahoo.com

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Hi mom glad you're back!
    I'll send you my thumbs asap.

Ooo Gary!... good call on the bike helmet i must agree! When i was a kid (i'm 39) "helmets for kids bikes" wasn't even a concept! hahaa

That reminds me of an experience i had when i was about 11-12...
    Riding to our little-league game, my brother and i were screaming down this hill at about 30-40 mph. At the bottom of the hill we got back onto the sidewalk. Upon lifting my front wheel to clear the sidewalk lip, i saw my front tire start to fall off... and that's ALL i remember to this day!
    Needless to say, i woke up in a hospital.
    hahahaa DOH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I also would like to suggest, along Gary's line of thought, that we attach a nastalgic quality to this image, and perhaps we could/should even turn the final render into a photo??? An old photo that someone took...
    This would also give the Photoshop compositors something more to do.
    Yay? Nay?

The wood texture for the skateboard is also a good idea. But we DID have solid plastic ones when i was that age. Big, thick, indestructable plastic boards. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Anywho... i'm just mentioning that that will be up to the texture dudes to work on.

PS: Stu made a good toy too. But it might be too imature for a 9-12 yr old...?

Mom Norton utilities has a function called unerase which lets you dig up and replace all your invisible files,it might be helpful in your situation.

I think the helmet could go with the skate board.And rather than using some toys and not others why not have a whiney little brother who is a toddler to our 9 - 12 year old and then we probably have enough toys already,and it also allows for extending of the plotline.for instance the toddler plays with the robot slobbers on the robot all the time and is forever throwing it around,and that is why the robot wants to be played with by the 9 -12 year old for a change,it also gives the robot motivation to be played with,and also explains why the robot is not played with very much by the older child.

Stu.

Also what room is this scene set in ie bedroom,lounge,kitchen?

Stu.

Mark,
    I agree that the scene should be a blast from the past. Lets not forget that we will need some furniture also (desk, chest of drawers, boxes) also.

Stu,
    I was thinking it was going to be in the child's bedroom. Is that right everybody?

--Randy

Ya thats precisely why I asked Randy,I was thinking furniture as well,like drawers and a bed probably a lamp maybe posters etc.

For a time how about the 70s to fit in with the skate board?

I will make a bed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

Ok... i can help with the furniture, that won't be a problem at all. We just need to decide what kind we'll use.

Once that's settled, i'll start helping Stu make some.

PS: if anyone else wants to model some furniture please just say so! I'm able to do it, but don't want to hog all the fun stuff! Speak up now please if ya wanna do this! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]