Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ok,

I have attempted to Flowchart what needs to be done and who is going to do it.

We have Four basic areas (departments).
    1) Modeling: Randy, Mark, Stu, Wayne and jens.
    2) Textures: Ross, Steve and Paul.
    3) Final scene render: Earl
    4) Touch-up and post effects: Sharon and Gary

If I have missed anybody let me know and I will update this message.

I am a computer programmer and have no experience in the art world. So if this is not what we need let me know and I will redo.

--Randy

--Green on the flow chart means the section has been completed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RouteToSucess.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	15328  

Jens, this is very generous and helpful of you. I was going to ask you or someone else if they could provide something like this. FTP is great for me (28.8) connection... as opposed to emailing 3-4 megs of models to Gary or someone else. Thank you.

I suggest we make use of his chat applet as well. I've seen it and it's just fine for a couple of quick "meetings" if required [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Randy, don't forget Steve Newport!

W

Steve is there under the texture people. If I have him in the wrong dept. let me know. That is what he stated in the sign-up thread. (unless I mis-read it)

--Randy

That looks very organized Randy, nice job.

Hi guys I am feeling quite a bit better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Now I have a mural to paint,but If I make anything in between ie toys etc can I please have your mail address Ross,if that isnt cool I can give you mine not a problem.

Also how big is this room that the scene is set in?

As far as formats go is it alright if I pass on Cinema files or will dxf or wavefront be more helpful.

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Stu - You'll find my email address in my profile and at the little icon at the bottom right of this post.

With regards to 'texturizing' I'm only capable of producing textures others can apply. I have no 3d software to use - and if I did I wouldn't know how to use it. (I'm 3d challenged [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Aaa THERE everyone is?!!! Why we using this thread??! I find it kinda full of 'bad vibes'. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Anywho...

Ok Ross!
    Great texture for the helmet, i love it!
    It can be applied just to the top purple section - the bottom section is an ash-grey hard foam material. Oh poop! I just remembered i forgot to add the chin strap! aaagh! i'll do that before uploading the mesh; no worries! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Also Ross, about the Lego blocks... ok ya, i'm not real up on their respective size proportions. I understand what you mean by thicker blocks though. But should i keep those thinner sized ones too? Or are those wrong?

Let me know please!

And Jens... great stuff on the file transferring page and chat, thanks for doing that. That'll help things flow. Cool!

Ok so... there it is then!

Ross...

Is this lego building ok?
    Let me know plz.

And here's a version of the bike helmet *with* a strap.

Name:	lego_building.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	15320  

helmet WITH a strap...

Name:	bike-helmet.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	6784  

Ah ok thanks Ross [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Excellent lego Mark,very nice,and the helmet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I dont know what the proper name is for these things,but I used to play with one as a kid...ya that was last week [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Just one more question what age is the child who plays with these toys meant be?,I know that there isnt going to be a kid in the scene,but if we have an age range then it will make it more easy to pick age related toys to model and should add to the realism overall in the scene.For instance is a toddler that plays with lego and crayons and robots etc going to be old enough to own a skateboard etc,I know why not make it two kids who live in the house one a toddler and one older and just add that too the plotline beginning.......does any of this make sense or am I just displaying that I am neuronally challenged [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.