Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Calm down Gary! I can garuntee you that all those who said they'd work on a model are in the process. We are not professional modelers and it will take time! Without them, we can't do anything else with this project. I believe the plan was to take it slow. We'd get all the models in andd work on a scene plan with what we have. Once we have the layout, we'll render the scene with all the models and everything without textures. once that's done, we'll have an idea for the atmosphere and mood of the scene. That's where the texture people come in (Ross & I) and so on and so forth! So just give it time!! Do you think the people at pixar/dreamworks were mad because Toy Story wasn't released 2 months after it started?! Good things never come without hard (And most of the time LOONG) work!
    So if you havn't started your model yet,GET MOVIN!! Otherwise, lets not rush it!!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Sorry, all.

This collaboration is INDEED in need of organization. And I do not want to be responsible for it, because I'm a "senior", I've worked with production groups for more than a decade...so what would be the point in putting a "ringer" in charge? Note: A ringer is someone who enters a game pretending to know nothing, but in fact is quite experienced at the game.

The point of this game is to cooperate with one another...which we are sort of doing, to bring together the best-matching talents to make a kick-ass composition.

Randy, if you wouldn't mind, can you get out a pencil, or Visio, and flow this thing from talent, to procedure, to completion, and post it? In the meanwhile, will everyone involved please write a short email to me (Gary@TheBoutons.com) with name (your own name), models you think you are responsible for (unless you're doing textures or something else, in which case, tell me...and you get more of a vacation than the modelers), what program you are using and the file extension (ex: dxf, obj, and so on), and I will collate and post in the next few days the list of who's on first.

My request to post images is to keep the momentum, so please do not be afraid to post WIPs and stuff, okay?

My Head Hurts,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Jens:
    Sorry, I forgot about the link to your toy-bot. Thanks again for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So do we, as Wayne intimated, pull the plug on the patient? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aux contraire ...

Randy - Yes, let's start a strictly inventory/staus report thread for what we have so far from those involved.

Steve - I agree... don't feel rushed, enjoy the process. Nevermind the old man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img], He's just drinking too much coffee.

W

Glad to see everyone's comin' together again! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Some more models from me:

- bike helmet
    - hoola-hoop
    - lego blocks

Before i export the lego blocks, i need to know how many we'll be using...?
    Or... i can just export the ones seen in the image below, and the compositor can just duplicate as many as they feel suits the scene; once they have all/most of the other models in place.

Which way do you think this should be done?... Anyone?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike-helmet.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	1869  

da hoola-hoop.

Name:	hoola-hoop.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	2109  

da lego blocks.

Name:	lego-blocks.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	1633  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Mark - can you make those lego blocks thicker? They look good except most people's collections have dozens of standard blocks for every flat piece like you've developed. I wonder if someone who feels uncomfortable modelling their own toy might enjoy trying to build something with Mark's modeled lego pieces??? If there are no takers Mark, any chance you can assemble a bunch into some sort of construction? I'm sure even a rather hap-hazard assembly of blocks will look great in the context of the final image.

Also Mark - I attach a texture for possible consideration on your bike helmet.

Regards, Ross

PS - Don't fret Gary - I'm sure you'll be proud of what gets achieved. It may take longer than you ever expected but it will get done. Definitely.

Name:	butterflyhunt.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	12810  

Ok, I will try to flow chart the process with the people invovled along the way. I will try to finish this tommorrow sometime.

I still have one question. When a model is finished, should we just post a picture here, and hold the model untill we are ready to send to the people who will texture it. Or should we send a model to whoever is going to texture it (via email).

I think we should send models to the texture people so they can get started. I am willing to host files so that the texture people can download them as they get ready for them.

--Randy

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Guys & girls,

if you need a place for storage which can be accessed via ftp and http to up- & download files pls let me know. I can setup a dir on my server - size doesn't matter (as a partner of a tier 2 provider I can supply whatever you'll need). However, pls give me 24 hours to set it up - I'm kind of tied up at this moment, and I want a secure setup there ;-}

In addition I might offer a http fetcher page for those of you who don't know how to use ftp, that means you can up- & download files with your browser.

This could serve as a 'central archive'.

In addition I've set up a chat room at

http://jens.highspeedweb.net/xartist-chat

no membership required ;-} (but pls don't abuse it)

my suggestion for schedules to meet there:

9:00am EST thru 3:00pm EST

this time frame is perfect for all of us: you guys in the US can use it without sweat, and if the Europeans will join in the afternoon there should be several people in there. Our Oceanian friends can join late night... sounds like a plan? Of course the chat room will be open 24/7, so feel free to use it.

We can set up certain days/times for general meetings there as well. BTW, it won't work if you are located behind a firewall because of the java sandbox security features...

Let me know what you think.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

That would be great Jens. I think a central place where we got store things and the people needed the models can get them would be the way to go.

--Randy