Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I work just like everyone else on this forum. Perhaps more than 12 hours a day, at least 5 days a week earning my bread as an author. The bottom has fallen out of the application book market, so I've taken on writing web chapters for Pearson, and writing school textbooks to make up the difference.

And yet I'm here on the forum every day, and if I hadn't promised everyone that I's stay out of the creative and modeling process, *I* would have half the collaboration image done by now.

What's going on, folks? Out of all the TalkGraphics forums, ours is the most in-depth. The others feature "hit and run" graphics advice...but not a lot of background, meaty material like we do.

Has interest waned so badly for whatever reasons that we, as a group, don't have the energy to devote a little "ooomph" to the collaboration?

Are we a bunch of tired, old, easily distracted, has-beens before we've begun?

I'm pissed, because I thought a collaboration would help bind us as a forum. But the most active thread right now is a word game (admittedly, one in which I participate).

Shall we go back to posting pictures of,"Golly, look what I did today.?", and referrals to upgrades? Hey, there's nothing wrong with that...it's just that I think...no, I KNOW, we can do better than that. I mean, shit--Stu is desperately ill and yet he emailed me a bunch of crayons to use in the background of the collaboration. Do any of us have as critical excuses for setting back?

So do we, as Wayne intimated, pull the plug on the patient?

Really confused with this group as a whole,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

[This message was edited by Gary David Bouton on October 15, 2001 at 11:38.]
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

I work just like everyone else on this forum. Perhaps more than 12 hours a day, at least 5 days a week earning my bread as an author. The bottom has fallen out of the application book market, so I've taken on writing web chapters for Pearson, and writing school textbooks to make up the difference.

And yet I'm here on the forum every day, and if I hadn't promised everyone that I's stay out of the creative and modeling process, *I* would have half the collaboration image done by now.

What's going on, folks? Out of all the TalkGraphics forums, ours is the most in-depth. The others feature "hit and run" graphics advice...but not a lot of background, meaty material like we do.

Has interest waned so badly for whatever reasons that we, as a group, don't have the energy to devote a little "ooomph" to the collaboration?

Are we a bunch of tired, old, easily distracted, has-beens before we've begun?

I'm pissed, because I thought a collaboration would help bind us as a forum. But the most active thread right now is a word game (admittedly, one in which I participate).

Shall we go back to posting pictures of,"Golly, look what I did today.?", and referrals to upgrades? Hey, there's nothing wrong with that...it's just that I think...no, I KNOW, we can do better than that. I mean, shit--Stu is desperately ill and yet he emailed me a bunch of crayons to use in the background of the collaboration. Do any of us have as critical excuses for setting back?

So do we, as Wayne intimated, pull the plug on the patient?

Really confused with this group as a whole,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

[This message was edited by Gary David Bouton on October 15, 2001 at 11:38.]
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Based on the above, I take it that I send "you" the model(s) i've done for the TC? I'll gladly do it. Please keep in mind that they (the mesh) might need a bit of editing. I'm a newbie.

Let me know if you want them.

Jack in the box / Toy train

Regards, Wayne

I think this project has real potential. I think “W” and I Were the last one’s to post anything on the thread. I will be glad to keep banging out models, but I don’t want to
    Step on anybody’s toes and do something that someone else has done.

We need some feedback from the other members. I am aware we all get caught up in our “real” lives but just a simple post that says “Hey I am working on that great toy model will post when finished”.

Still think a new thread for our toys is a good idea, but nobody but “W” responded one way or another.

Come on folks lets hear from you! At least post and let Gary and the rest of us know if we want to keep this thing going!

I for one vote keep it going! Just let me know what more you want me to do.

--Randy

Guys and gals--

I'm just losing it for the collaboration, because everyone has seemingly lost interest in it. Ya want to keep going, fine. I will not say yes or no to it (by the way, I have absolutely not power to shut down a collaboration, nor would I. I still believe in this as a good and valid exercise as a precursor for the Real World).

It's just that manpower looks like it's at an all-time low, and YES, posting a picture is a WONDERFUL method of restoring confidence in general that we are not collectively chasing a dangled carrot before us called progress.

LOVE IT. DO IT. POST IT. Get others excited about the possibilities.

THEN, you got me hanging in here, heart and soul, folks.

My Best (hopefully),

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Gary & the rest of the gang,

did you miss my message that I've uploaded the model already 14 days = 2 weeks ago for you in two different formats? I told you 'feel free to use and abuse it', to enhance it etc. It's a rock solid model incl. textures.

http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/toybot05-3ds.exe
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/toybot05-obj.exe

both have been compressed with winRAR and the files are virus free. All joints are in place, you can move the legs, arms, head, body, cap. Come on, grab it and play with it.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toybot05.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	14881  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Ya! And i said i would be posting my models asap.

I've completed these toys thus far:

- ball'n'jacks
    - skate board
    - paddle board

Images are below.
    No textures for these of course... that's up to those in charge of that area.

But as for posting the meshes, shouldn't we setup one specific thread for that to make things simpler?

Let me know?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS: my apologies for any delays from me folks. I've been having to learn some new software in the last week or so. That, on top of my regular schedule, has sucked up my leisure time.

Name:	ball-jacks.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	15117  

the paddle board.

Name:	paddle-board.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	13913  

da skate board.

hmmm... wierd angle on this pic. The rubber shocks that are mounted betwix the "truck" and the board are not really visible. It's just the bg colour doing that though. The rubber shocks are there though, no worries. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Name:	skateboard.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	16570  

Where or to whom should we send/post our models? We need some organization, mom-de-bomb says she is too busy to head this up (if I remember correctly). We need someone to assign projects and set dates, and for all of us to report back to. In another words a project leader. I know it is Ross's design, but we need someone to be the central hub.

May I suggest that everyone that wants to see this through post a message saying so, and their email address so they can be contacted, assignments given etc.
    I will be glad to attempt to head this up. If we have enough intrest.

Thanks,
    Randy