Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffee_layout1.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	17146  

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

thats a nice one...i tried to make a sugar material once, had to give it up...it's almost impossible to make a realistic light setup...but you have made a good try!

I am in need of some coffee now! So hurry up and pour me some!.

Nice job Wayne. The only thing I see is the handle of the cup looks to rectangluar. But maybe that is the way it looks.

--Randy

Randy

Yeah, I'm not too pleased with the handle either. Most of the elements were done in Solid Edge. I'm still a rookie though. Normally, I should be able to loft a profile, but it wouldn't let me loft either across planes or it warned me of intersecting profiles. So I ended up extruding first, then doing a cut-out, then rounding the corners. Rhino would have done it better, so I'm going to try that today. The coffee beans which were an after-thought, ended up being a snap in Rhino.

Snooze, it was rendered in Bryce. The lighting was another this I fussed over for a while. I'm not pleased with all the "cross shadows", too many. But, in order to light it the way I wanted, they became a product. I heard Bryce 5 renders shadows more realistically with softer edges etc. I will have to try it.

Thanks fr your comments...

Wayne

Snooze, here's a quickie to show the texture, with a bit of sloppy airbrushing. I'll post the 2 in the next one.

Name:	sugar_mountain.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	6164  

Dload 'em HERE. They're gif. Just convert them if needed.

1 -- sugar cube (texture)
    2 -- simple noise (bump map)

W

Name:	sample_texture.gif 
Views:	240 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	10730  

Hi gang (Wayne, you think I take coffee intravenously still?)

I'm dating this thread 'cause as soon as it gets 20 posts long, I want a new thread posted. Info plop cannot handle our bandwidth, and messages beyond 25 or so are getting lost.

Okay, I'm not stupid like the Taliban; to get ot Jens' gracious offer of ftp space to place your work, you must write to me:

Gary@TheBoutons with the subject line:
    Gimme the password you jerk!

In return, I will be similarly abusive, and send you the ftp location, the password and user ID. Hint: Get WS_ftp...it's shareware and is easy to organize your ftp locations.

We are doing this to keep lurkers, trolls, Martians, and other unauthorized carbon-based units from abusing Jens' kind offer, and to keep things straight on the collaboration.

Obviously, Mr. Hunt, you will not share this information with anyone, or the Secretary (who's our Secretary?) will disavow any talent on this forum, and this thread will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Good luck, gang.

Wayne, attached is one for YOU! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Name:	Thanks2you.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	12058  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.