Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Guys,

I was playing around tonight with the bitmap tracer. After trying my hand a photorealistic tracings... (1.5 million lines and 3 hours to drop it out of the dialog box) I tried reducing the number of colors and the size of the picture.

Did learn something neat tho. The tracer works on the picture at 96 DPI, no mater how small you make the picture (5000 DPI) the scan will be based on the full size.

So without further ado... I give you my beach babe...

John/DOT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trace_good_256.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	16441  
    John/DOT

Hi Guys,

I was playing around tonight with the bitmap tracer. After trying my hand a photorealistic tracings... (1.5 million lines and 3 hours to drop it out of the dialog box) I tried reducing the number of colors and the size of the picture.

Did learn something neat tho. The tracer works on the picture at 96 DPI, no mater how small you make the picture (5000 DPI) the scan will be based on the full size.

So without further ado... I give you my beach babe...

John/DOT
    John/DOT

A real cutey pie John!!

I don't use the Bitmap Tracer all that much. I think the technology could be improved upon and it's too resource hungry and as you discovered S L O W ! using settings that will give you a more realistic trace and that my friend is the number one turn off for me!!

Richard

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

John,

Yes, she is cute alright!

I haven't found any real use for the bitmap tracer myself. Getting texture in there, or to make it look interesting - a bitmap program does a better job at it, I think.

Well, I do find it fun to use a couple of layered traces to create source material to abuse in Painter, or Photoshop.

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    A real cutey pie John!!

I don't use the Bitmap Tracer all that much. I think the technology could be improved upon and it's too resource hungry and as you discovered S L O W ! using settings that will give you a more realistic trace and that my friend is the number one turn off for me!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Richard,

You are most definetly right if.... You use a full color pic. If you drop the size down and drop the color to 256... You can get a trace as good as this in 1 minute.

What I want to do is use this trace to create a vector drawing of my "babe". Just break the group apart and fade from color to color. It just might work... and be much easier to draw a fantasic picture, while have little ability.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by risto;

Yes, she is cute alright!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks... I will pass the compliments on to the "babe".

John/DOT
    John/DOT