Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I had looked at Soquili corn brush and thought I'd try and produce a fish scale brush. I created a scale shape using an ellipse filled black. cloned it left and gave this an elliptical fill of white to orange. Grouped them and drew a line with this brush.

I just looked at the top tool bar to hit edit brush, but then hit the Create brush just for the hell of it.

Below is the image I created with this brush created using another brush. I know that I've tried making brushes with brushes but without great results. I apologise if anyone else has already documented this method of using a brush with a brush already but I thought I'd like to share the method.

NOW I'VE STILL GOT TO PRODUCE FISH SCALES !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!brush_brush.gif 
Views:	284 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	15773  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I had looked at Soquili corn brush and thought I'd try and produce a fish scale brush. I created a scale shape using an ellipse filled black. cloned it left and gave this an elliptical fill of white to orange. Grouped them and drew a line with this brush.

I just looked at the top tool bar to hit edit brush, but then hit the Create brush just for the hell of it.

Below is the image I created with this brush created using another brush. I know that I've tried making brushes with brushes but without great results. I apologise if anyone else has already documented this method of using a brush with a brush already but I thought I'd like to share the method.

NOW I'VE STILL GOT TO PRODUCE FISH SCALES !!!
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Egg - At the limited resolution of your jpg it looks for all the world like you've layed out a fractal pattern in popping corn! It is a very beautiful image and I thank you for the mini-tutorial. I'll have to get popping and have fun creating my own brush-brush images. This seems the logical outcome of the earlier spirograph threads.

Thanks!, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

You can say that again... Wow!

I don't understand how you did it (I was never very good at reading tutorials :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

It reminded me of fractals as soon as I started messing with it. Your correct about the spirograph, it can create animations like a spirograph on Becks!

(When the hell are Xara going to get this gif export sorted? The animation was supposed to be on a black background at 64 colours, but nothing I could do would alter it. Where the purple background came from I've no idea!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush_brush_ani2.gif 
Views:	259 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	13110  
    Egg

Hello Egg,

Your three circle brush-brush image is beautiful. I see jewelry one moment and fireworks the next when looking at it, infinite possibilities.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Egg, if you "select all frames" in the frame gallery you should be able to get rid of that annoying colour bug (courtesy of Mark Goodhall), but I think your purple looks good too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--
    Big Frank was
    http://www.wognum.org/files/madewithxarax.gif
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Popping Corn Art!