Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have downloaded the trial version.

For the past few days..I have had nothing but problem after problem.

First dealing with MSXML problem (RESOLVED)
    ****this technology leaves your computer vulnerable to hackers..beware.

Next photo album (NOT RESOLVED)
    ****pix wont show on site. I tried IE,NETSCAPE,MOZILLA
    ****apparently my web site can't except spaces in the name field.

I read the posts on editting the (web) names in the .js file, html and pix themselves. I have over 300 pix.

Hardly worth the effort for a streamlined web authoring tool.

While, the program itself is somewhat easy to use, it has so many quirks, that it makes it almost non-functional, in practical use.

I know of few hosts that allow spaces in file names. HOW BASIC IS THAT

I really wanted to use this..But, I think my limited CSS,PHP and HTML skills will have to suffice for now.

GOOD ATTEMPT BUT..

I believe a mojor rethinking has to be done on this product before the public will embrace it.

I have downloaded the trial version.

For the past few days..I have had nothing but problem after problem.

First dealing with MSXML problem (RESOLVED)
    ****this technology leaves your computer vulnerable to hackers..beware.

Next photo album (NOT RESOLVED)
    ****pix wont show on site. I tried IE,NETSCAPE,MOZILLA
    ****apparently my web site can't except spaces in the name field.

I read the posts on editting the (web) names in the .js file, html and pix themselves. I have over 300 pix.

Hardly worth the effort for a streamlined web authoring tool.

While, the program itself is somewhat easy to use, it has so many quirks, that it makes it almost non-functional, in practical use.

I know of few hosts that allow spaces in file names. HOW BASIC IS THAT

I really wanted to use this..But, I think my limited CSS,PHP and HTML skills will have to suffice for now.

GOOD ATTEMPT BUT..

I believe a mojor rethinking has to be done on this product before the public will embrace it.

Unfortunately I too have to agree with the comments above. I own every Xara product out there and have never been disappointed. Now I am with version 4. Too many bugs and issues to go through here. When the CD arrives I'll just put it in the drawer and not even bother to install it.

Major beefs are...
    - Little to no real control over web pages styles. Not many styles to choose from either.
    - Web Page changes, switch/recompile too many times with every click or move of the mouse. Very annoying. I want control back. I'll decide when I want to see the results thank you.
    - system locks up often. No other software does this to me with my current configuration.
    - firewall issue you already know about and customers behind corp. firewalls will not be able to authorize this product.

This is just from my short time with trying Webstyle. Version 3 is more stable. Even thought I chose to support Xara by buying ver 4, I won't install it. I'll just hope and wait for something stable in the form of a patch.

Xara.... this is way below your standards of quality and I hope this does not affect your good reputation because in its currents state it can do great damage IMHO.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!