Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

RAMWolff,
    Have you actually seen or used a Wacom tablet?
    The Intuos range is available in three (no, four!)sizes - A5, A4 Regular, A4 Oversize & A3. There is loads of space for tracing photographs of all sizes.
    I use the A4 regular Intuos and it's brilliant!
    The pen tool, especially, is great for drawing.
    I didn't consider it that expensive bearing in mind the obvious benefits - it's probably paid for itself already.
    Most packages tend to support Wacom tablets as the industry standard - for good reason.
    Why, for the sake of a little cash, restrict yourself to less? Don't deny yourself the tremendous advantages of using something like the Wacom tablet in the forlorn hope that there may be something better, the only loser will be you!
    Principles are to be applauded, but sometimes you have to abandon your dreams in the face of reality and good commercial and practical sense!

Go on, spoil yourself!!

Chris [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<< At $469.99, the 9x12 >> I just went through the wizard on Wacom. I am POOR this is the size they recommend for what I do. The 6 X 8 is $349.00 still too much money for me to spend. Don't have it!!

Looks like I will be going with the JamStudio. I will buy it through Gateway, so if there is a problem then I am can return it, they pay for the return label. They also carry the Wacom 6 X 8 for $319.00 (hmmm, they are actually cheaper at Gateway, that's nice!! but still out of my price range)

Thank you

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There are some good deals on EBay for Wacom Tablets: http://listings.ebay.com/aw/listings...680/index.html As well as other tablets. The JamStudio (bought out Pablo, I believe) is there also (many) for anywhere from a $1.00 to $25.00 and there is also Pablo Internet Edition as well as other name brands. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RamWolff, I think if you win a bid from a reputable seller for a JamStudio for a few dollars you can try it out to see if and how it works with Xara X and Windows 2000. If you don't like it, you'll only be out a few bucks (plus shipping [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]). I've gotten some good deals on Ebay and have also had some glitches the transactions with email problems, etc. But everything worked out fine. The key is to check the ratings of sellers and buy from one with a good track record.

EKY