Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Please explain why...

Make two objects of the same color - make the color black as it will make it easier to see what I am talking about(or both really dark colors)... overlap them... no outlines...

Then trim one with the other... Why is there a white line inbetween the two objects? Yet when you go into wireframe mode everything is flush. Corel 9 does not have this problem. This glitch occurs in Corel 10/11 with you use trim/snap to objects/slice tools.

Why? I've tried it on two different computers with totally different hardware (i.e. video cards, monitors, etc...) I get the same results.
    IP

Please explain why...

Make two objects of the same color - make the color black as it will make it easier to see what I am talking about(or both really dark colors)... overlap them... no outlines...

Then trim one with the other... Why is there a white line inbetween the two objects? Yet when you go into wireframe mode everything is flush. Corel 9 does not have this problem. This glitch occurs in Corel 10/11 with you use trim/snap to objects/slice tools.

Why? I've tried it on two different computers with totally different hardware (i.e. video cards, monitors, etc...) I get the same results.
    IP

I have this problem too if we can name it so.
    Try to increase zoom to the maximum value and you will see what the trimed object is over and it overlap the other one. So it is just an unnormal rendering and everising is going to be all right with printing your layout!
    IP

Happens in any program including CorelDRAW 9 and 11 (Freehand and Illustrator, too). I’d say it’s a normal behavior and the only difference is whether you can see that tiny cutout on screen or not.
    It’s less likely to appear on screen if anti-aliasing is used, otherwise it’s there all the time. With CorelDRAW 9 its presence is less obvious. It’s going to print OK, though.
    The trimmed objects outlines and nodes are not exactly one on top of another, rather they are right next to one another. Whether you see it or not depends on the quality the image is rendered on screen.

Yes, it's me.
    Yes, it's me.
    IP

Yes this is a known issue.

It really makes doing web design stuff difficult because you "think" there is a white line (gap) in your work; however, the printed output looks just fine.

I have even mentioned this to Corel folks at the last Corel World conference so they aware of the issue.

This also happens with Xara X, so it must be something basic to how the graphics card and the monitor output work together.

ANYONE have with a MAC know if this problem shows up with it too?
    IP