Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modems

Sean:

Never meant to suggest text only links to pics - just stashing really big images out of the way somewhere and showing smaller ones instead so those who really wanted to see the big ones could 'chase them down' and those who were happy with the smaller ones could carry on with the thread. I'd be as irritated as anybody if I had to click on a text link before I could get any idea of what an image looked like!

As for file types, I've always preferred PNGs to GIFs for static images, but posted a few GIFs because I thought I'd seen a request somewhere to post JPEGs and GIFs (can't find such a thing now, and note that the rules say 'any file type is allowed'!)...

Frank: agreed, and let's bury any hint of a hatchet too (if there was one?)!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

but, like not everybody has the means or the possibilities to drive a Ferrari, we should take into consideration the fact that not everybody has the means or possibilities to surf on ADSL or double ISDN.
    This forum is great, and really creative because everyone can join in: pro's, dilletantes, xartists and xientists. Let's stay together, and just like the pro's do answer the , for them, trivial problems of the beginners, so let us try and keep in mind that some people have to wait very long to see an image.
    When you design a website for a 1600x900 resolution or higher and include images of 300K etc, it's your own choice when people stay away. But this is a forum for everyone who works with Xara and who wants to share insights, tricks and, eventually, find an answer to a specific problem.

When you're an exercised mountaineer, you adapt your pace when there are less trained people in your group, and they try to follow without complaining. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]