Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a sketch of a tree outside my window.

Someone complained about the line color reverting back to black, when changing size or strokes. All you have to do is right click on a color when NOTHING is selected and it remains the default color until you change it.

Judi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scratch.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	16659  

Just a sketch of a tree outside my window.

Someone complained about the line color reverting back to black, when changing size or strokes. All you have to do is right click on a color when NOTHING is selected and it remains the default color until you change it.

Judi

Hi Judi,

Nice work! Is this it a Ponderosa pine?

That was I, your fellow Oregonian that made that observation. On my system the color wont revert to black IF the Freehand Tool is active AND a curve is selected when the line weight is changed. If the last line drawn is unselected then the line turns to black when the weight is changed in the Info Bar. Does it work differently for you?

[This message was edited by John S. Clements on April 22, 2001 at 09:50 AM.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Judi - I really like your sketch! The black background and the saturated colours look great. It reminds me of pastel drawings. I hope you'll do more and share them with us.

Regards, Ross

PS - You are privileged to have such a fine tree outside your window.

This is how it works for me, when I have NOTHING selected and have the arrow pointer in hand, I write click in the color tablet for the line color and left click for the fill color. Everything I make from that point on will have that same line/fill color unless I change it. What you're describing sounds like when you have a line selected, you change the line/fill color while still selected, then when you click off, it goes back to the default (black/black). If this isn't what you mean, do this: On the menu bar at the very top of the program click "Utilities" then goe down and click "Options". If it doesn't direct you there automatically, go to the "General" Tab. I have everything there unchecked EXCEPT for the "Import with Layers" box and the "Save Settings on Exit".
    If you have xaraX, the menus may be different, but I believe the thing you want UNCHECKED is the "Giver New Objects Most Recent Attributes".
    This is just a guess as to what might be wrong. If it doesn't work, write back, but that's the only thing I can think of right now!?

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

By the way Judi, I failed to mention this in my last post, but I love your image. The colors go together sooo well and just brighten up the entire picture. It's got a very "pastell" feel. Great job!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

It does look like a scratchboard sketch and it looks really good too.

The tree outside my window is not that pretty, it looks like something exploded in it, but it refused to die... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Good Job! - Judi!

Risto

Steve, thanks for your last post. Glad you clarified you're using CorelXara. It caused me to test CX.

CX definitely works differently than XX. CX does NOT behave like XX. Its my opinion that CX does behave properly and XX does NOT.

In CX when I have the Selector Tool active or the Freehand Tool active but with NO OBJECT ACTIVE, and change the line width from the Info bar, the current line color DOES NOT change back to black. In XX it DOES.

Thanks for you and Judi for your heads-up and getting things clarified. I'll forward this to Support@Xara.com as a likely bug in XX.

Love it. Reminds me of the tree that I see from my window.
    Thanks for the hint too.

I guess it does rather look like a pastel too. I love pastel paintings, the colors are so vivid, but I can't stand the feel of the chalk on my fingers.

Actually Ross, I have a whole forest of Ponderosa pines out my window.

You are right John, I guess I didn't understand the 1st post. Looks like you can change the default line color or default weight, but not both..weird.

Judi