As Gary ably demonstrated in his thread about copyright and intellectual properties, this issue could fill whole volumes and is certainly enough to give one pause when considering the use of clipart or modeling your work after pre-existing designs. There are so many mega-collections out there one could experience some serious "artist's block" just thinking about what you can use and what constitutes infringement, even though the legal notice spells out in detail the rights you don't have when it comes to making a profit from the art of another person. Clipart designers are fighting over this even as we speak and stock photographers have been going at it even longer.

The charge for plagarizing text is even murkier, although even big names like Alex Haley are not above being sued for "research" slipping into their multi-million dollar blockbusters, as happened with "Roots." Since Scripture has consistently ranked in the top five since it's first release, I guess it could fall under the category of "multi-million dollar blockbuster," but I thought the intention was to get as many people quoting it as possible. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] King James is dead, long live the queen, and the pope has enough to worry about these days.

I can't wait to get the CD so I can start using Xara again.