Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default I was all excited until......

Designer Pro is a beautiful thing,.....I love the sketch tool too! But again,....they forgot the eraser tool.....Oh well,..I'll check back in about 6 months......maybe then.

Default Re: I was all excited until......

you can 'erase' by drawing an 'erase' line, converting it to shape, and subtracting - however if you subtract from another line that will be coverted to shape

you probably know this but worth mentioning
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

HandDrawn,

Yes,....That way does work,....or I can simply use Illustrator or SerifDraw or Corel Draw or Inkscape and simply deploy the eraser tool and wipe away whatever parts of a stroke that I don't like.....

Problem is....I LOVE XARA for everything else it does.....just wishing they would have dropped that tool in the toolset for 2010. Oh well,......

Must not be a big demand for it....

That's the way it goes...

td

4 out of 5 vector editors agree - an eraser saves enough time to become a feature - something xara has been doing quite a bit of, but sadly, not here
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I know it's been posted in Dear Xara before but perhaps it's time to ask again. The more users that Xara sees asking for a feature the more likely they may include it in a future release. And they will be most likely to see it there. I know I for one would be very happy to have a proper eraser tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'll add my 2 cents. One of the tools I miss most in Xara products that is in all of the other graphics packages I use. I also love the Xara products and would like to quit using some of the other packages but unfortunately need to use it (particularly when I need to modify a graphic from some place else).

WOW! I guess that I'm actually not alone in this! I do remember this being requested before on several occasions and not just by me. I'm betting that it must be a real booger to develop one. What a shame too because without one,....I cannot do any of my personal work on the program. It's THAT important to me and how I work.

Question Re: I was all excited until......

Quote Originally Posted by TDolce View Post
    What a shame too because without one,....I cannot do any of my personal work on the program. It's THAT important to me and how I work.
    I'm just curious, TDolce, what exactly do you need an 'eraser' for that can't be done already using vector shapes. I've used Xara Xtreme Pro or one of its incarnations for several years now and never once thought, "Dang, if only I had an eraser tool." I'm neither for nor against an eraser tool I'm just looking for you to persuade me (and/or Xara) why I need one and what, exactly, I'd use it for.

Can you post an example or describe a situation detailing what is so important or impossible for you to do in XX/XXP/XP&GD/XDP that can't be done without the use of an eraser tool? Like I said, right now I'm neutral on the subject but, hey, if you can show me how an eraser tool could be used to help me out on a drawing I might want one too.

Yes, I'm usually this curious and willing to learn something new.

Learn me,
    Harry

The thing is, as I mentioned before, this would be terribly easy to implement. In effect, it's just an UI enhancement.

The eraser tool would basically work exactly like the pencil tool internally, but instead of inserting the drawn shape, it would just automatically execute the substract operation.

Well
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Quote Originally Posted by instinctive.de View Post
    this would be terribly easy to implement
    Is it? Well, there are sources of the XaraLX available so you can show us how to do it.
    John.