Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Small Twister hits the Atherton Tablelands

Dust Devils are about the closest thing to a tornado we see here in North Qld.
    However a local farmer managed to run inside and grab his pocket camera and capture on video a small twister after it had gone through his paddock and smashed a pivot (irrigator).
    A very rare event indeed.

Thanks to Klinton Cuda who captured the event and Darcy May who uploaded the video to Youtube.

Default Re: Small Twister hits the Atherton Tablelands

Quite fascinating Steve. It's not huge but I would think it could still create some havoc.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Small Twister hits the Atherton Tablelands

Twister terror at home near Cairns!!

In an extraordinarily badly written article in the Cairns Post on Friday 18th (and again in the follow up), the writer hams up the terror wrought by this little twister.
    Granted, it did throw around some fairly hefty tractor tyres and trash a flimsy pump shed.

However, the person responsible for this home video clip appears also prone to excessive and loud reactions at unusual weather events and gets quite emotional at the fate of his 'corn' and pivot ...

His son however thought the whole thing was highly entertaining and a big laugh . I must admit, I had a good chuckle watching this video:

Last edited by steve.ledger; 20 February 2010 at 03:36 AM.