Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Maps and rollovers

I thought you might like to see some progress with going down the flash route.

Slight modification to Egg's technique:

I've used two Background frames, one hot and one not. This is so that I don't have to copy the whole map into every frame for the rollovers or the overlays. The hot one heads all the mouse-overs and the static one is used to blank the roll-overs for the overlays. It works rather well I think.

I've attached the swf and the xar so folks can see how it's been set up.

Check out the overlay on "Germany Zone I"

Thanks again to everyone who helped and quickly too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Excellent Sadler. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I did something similar in SWISH Max (drawings in Xara of course) a long time ago. I turned it into an executable to make it easier to distribute. Here it is.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

I tried to do this school "map" when XWD first came out. It was my first attempt at using the product.

My first attempt was Option 1 using PopUp Photo property (works with vector shapes as well as photos) because it so easy and quick to setup, but alas, as you've discovered, the mouse-overs on the diagonal-rooms at the bottom of the map, like the Gym, block the mouseover of other smaller adjacent rooms.

Option 2 uses PopUp Layers which are not triggered by the shape of the room, but by their labels which fit within their respective rooms. For a very small room you could use a smaller circle which is the same color as the room behind it. Using MouseOver PopUp text the gives the user feedback as to a link. Problem is this method is a LOT of work ... creating layers for every room and enlarged duplicates of each room for each PopUp layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Example.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	63385