Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: wav file

Question wav file

Hey out there.....I'm T-totally new to this forum thang....so please bare with me.....Does anybody know how to put a wave or mp3 file on a xara website? I just need to the viewer to be able to click and play a couple songs....................

Default Re: wav file

Hi Spirit, Welcome to TG Forums,

I see you've been to this page since your post above:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37342

Hopefully the sample there for download has helped?

Althernatively there are many free website audio players around you can use in a placeholder.
    Here's one I just found that looks interesting.

Also try a search in the Web Designer forum, the topic has come up a number of times - you should be able to find more solutions

Question Re: wav file

Hey Sledger,
    Thanx for the response
    I have searched a bit and I think my biggest problem may be that I dont understand where or how to file the wav or mp3 that I have

I really want a player that will allow the viewer to simply play a song of mine as they wish.

This Google reader html I found would be great if I knew what to do with my mp3 file

1. Google Reader MP3 Player
    Google Reader has an inbuilt MP3 player that is pretty much the same as Gmail player but it also works on non-Google websites. This player has volume controls, no Google branding and it auto-detects the duration of the music file so your readers know how long the song will last. Here’s a live example followed by the HTML embed code:

To use this MP3 player on your website or blog, copy-paste the following code and replace the MP3_FILE_URL with the link to your MP3 file.
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3247397568-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=MP3_FILE_URL" width="400" height="27" allowscriptaccess="never" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" wmode="window" flashvars="playerMode=embedded" />

I guess this would be placed in the HTML place holder box of the properties dialog......but then I'm lost as to what to do with the file.

The xara help instructions talk about a support folder but I can only figure that is for flash or something

I did download your wav file imbed example....but there again I dont know what to do with the music file itself ..so that the snipet can work.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanks Spirit for the code.

Hi Spirit
    this is my first post... ok, i have a partial answer for you. when you registered your web page, you should have recieved instructions on how to upload music, forms, almost any files really... to your host's servers. if you right click on start and goto explore you can punch in your ftp site addess (usually looks like ftp://yoursite.com), put in your login and password and then you can browse the directory of your site like it's a set of files on your computer. Just drag your music into a folder on the ftp, and it will upload it to your host's server. Then you use that address to point the google player to the file you've just uploaded.

Hope that helps somewhat.

I have a followup question that I may try posting separately as well:

I want to run one song, and i want it to play without interruption or restarting for the users entire visit to the site. can this be done and how?? any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAMSAMI View Post
    this is my first post...
    I thought this was your first post
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...526#post306526

Quote Originally Posted by SAMSAMI View Post
    I want to run one song, and i want it to play without interruption or restarting for the users entire visit to the site.
    In a placeholder try the following code:

<EMBED src="index_htm_files/file.wav" autostart=true loop=true volume=100 hidden=true><NOEMBED><BGSOUND src="index_htm_files/file.wav"></NOEMBED>

Of course this won't continue if the user visits another page on your site.
    But you could build your site entirely inside one large <iframe and have the music loaded in the parent page only.
    That way, the never leave the page with the <embed code.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 21 July 2009 at 07:42 AM.

C'mon Steve - It felt like samsami's first post. It was certainly one of his/her first posts.