Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Feature Request: Advanced Alignment Options

I think the current options are great, as is the alignment dialog used to deploy them. The only thing I don't like about the alignment dialog is that it eats global shortcut keys (e.g. align something and change your mind, you can't Ctrl-+Z to undo unless you click in the document first). A small niggle.

I'd love it if Xara added an "Abutt" option to the alignment tool, as a lot of what I do is mock layouts of gui's and games, where this would come in handy.

In case I'm using a weird name for this, what I'm talking about is selecting multiple objects, and then transforming them horizontally and/or vertically so that their left/right or top/bottom edges touch.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

I still would like to be able to align based on last selected object. As previously discussed in this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32414

I think that Inkscapes alignment dialogue is excellent, near perfect even. Would it be possible to A; include the extra functions that appear in Inkscape; declump, spacing, node alignment and type etc. and B; give an alternative, icon based, interface for those who want it?

Quote Originally Posted by timhines View Post
    I still would like to be able to align based on last selected object. As previously discussed in this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32414
    Very much agreed, although I'm grateful that we've gotten Align to Back Object in the interim.

What I like about the Corel method is that it is more like a SNAP tool, in that it requires no dialog or tool of any kind. You just activate it and start moving an object around. Something like that is way better to my way of thinking than a dialog or a tool UI.