Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Import Files into X3D

Hello again,
    I'm using X3D and I'm totally amazed at the 3d animations you can do with it, I just love it !!!

I have a question about importing files into x3d. I have adobe photo shop CS3and id like to use files made in CS3 in X3D , If its possible what files can i export to X3D ? Id like to use renders i have (png files) and give them the
    X3D treatment.

If i cant, what other options do i have please ? I don't really want to buy the Xara graphics application , as i have cs3 and all the plug ins etc... Any tips or tricks to convert files or am i stuck ?

Oh one more thing , Is it possible to use "plug ins" in X3D ? If so , what ones and made by who ?

Thanks in advance
    Sean

Default Re: Import Files into X3D

Sean, X3D uses vector shapes and can only use rasters (bitmaps) as textures. PS cs3 is a raster drawing program. Xara Xtreme is a vector drawing program, more akin to Illustrator.

To understand this in more detail see Mike Sims "Making a bitmap logo spin in Xara3D Part 1 & 2" sticky at the top of this forum.

So whilst you could apply your PS bitmaps to text or buttons, to import non uniform shapes you really need a vector drawing program. Xara Xtreme is available as a full one month trial program from Xara.com

Give it a whirl.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 25 August 2008 at 12:58 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Import Files into X3D

Thanks for the answer and i shall have a peek at the post you suggested.

I may as well give Xtreme a whirl if its out on demo , Be rude not to lol