Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Where do you save bookmarks?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • Local computer

61 70.93%
  • Google Bookmarks

14 16.28%
  • Other online bookmark manager

11 12.79%

Default Where do you save bookmarks?

Anyone can post in this thread and vote in the poll, even if you're not registered. But registering is recommended.
    IP

Default Re: Where do you save bookmarks?

- Local computer for those bookmarks that I intend to access often.
    - del.icio.us for bookmarks that I rarely use and which would otherwise just clutter the bookmarks on my local computer. This is just a way of storing a link so you can access it many months later if you wonder about where you left that link.
    IP

Important regular Bookmarks are saved in my head. All others I use are saved in Opera, which are easily backed up and moved to another PC..
    IP

I used to save them locally, but I have more and more started to use del.icio.us as I jump quite a lot between the computers I work on, and I tend to forget the USB memory stick connected to the computers all the time.
    Last edited by gnurf; 29 January 2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

IP

I save them locally, and I also have a copy on windows live messenger which is nice because I can search by keyword thru thousands of bookmarks.
    IP

And nobody's answered the obvious--"In books?"
    IP

l
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I save them in google now. I used to save them locally, but I found it to be a royal pain when my computer started having problems. I'm glad I switched over now that I have a desktop and a laptop. I can access my bookmarks now on both computers easily.

Jen
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Cool Re: Where do you save bookmarks?

Most of my 'new file' traffic gets saved in my redirected MSN 'Recieved Files' directory where it gets sorted along with saved Xara 3D and Xtreme files, images I've created, and chosen 'my documents' files. Oh yeah, and my 'Favorites' folder gets stored in there also, all on a seperate partition.

I find the USB 'U3 System' to be the coolest thing ever, where I installed my browser of choice and my Bookmarks (Favorites folder) is stored there too.

BTW, my bookmarks rarely change; they're just my 'often used shortcuts' which include logins to FTP servers.
    IP

I usually bookmark in my computer but I also have online bookmarking tool just to make sure
    IP