Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shades and tints of another colour (video)

With, YouTube, clips are limited to 10 minutes in length - unless you apply for "director" status, then you don't have that limit. I did just that. The "director" logo appears under my profile icon - but clips are still rejected for being too long (over 10 minutes). So, I don't know when that will be working right.

I had a clip ready, but for now, I have to split it into parts. The entire thing is 20 minutes.

It's really a clip for beginners and a type of clip that only needs to be watched once, I think. So even though it's a bit long, it's not something that you'll need to see over and over.

When I can post longer clips, I'll have this one all in one file. But for now, this will have to do. Maybe it'll be of some help.

-Bob.

Part 1 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Part 3 of 3
    •Bob

Default Re: Shades and tints of another colour (video)

I havent watched them yet, but I would like to say thank you to your new-found urge to share your talents with everyone!

I would add that google takes time to adjust statuses, just like in your first video still being private for a while after you marked it public. Im sure the status will catch up to your settings in a day or three... Google's kind of big now... :-)

Thanks again

Thanks for another great tutorial, Bob! I'm sure this one will be invaluable to many, as linked and named colors seem to be fairly mysterious to many.

As a side effect, you've also given us some good insight into drawing good looking hair!

Thanks again!
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Thanks

Naming colours and using shades and tints, I didn't do that in the beginning when I started with Xara. Didn't use layers either. Wasn't until I got use to the basic tools and effects in Xara that I figured to take a closer look at these linked colours thing. Then it was like, "holy cow, this is so cool."

I don't know everything about the linked colours feature. I just pretty much use the shades and tints of another colour.

-Bob.
    •Bob

Thanks Bob. Those videos are fantastic. Now I really understand about naming colors. I really appreciate you and all the other great artists here in Xara land sharing so much information. It makes learning a whole lot easier. Thanks again to all.

Joe

More awesome stuff- i really needed that elaboration on the color system... helps so much!

On another note, I just went into my wacom intuos (is that the kind you have?) properties and found that the button on my pen can be assigned to ESC! Yes! I hope your pen has the same functionality... My online friend simply sent me this tablet for free (No idea why, just a cool guy!) and its been wonderful!

Another note as well - layers can also be used for animation- say you wanted to export your face into "anime studio" (formerly moho) for animation, and wanted to use alpha png's... xara is the perfect workflow to do this, using multiple layers for face/mouth/eyes, you simply click on visible/invisible and export what png you want... bob maybe you should delve a bit into animation eh?

RonC

Thanks Bob. I watched all your vids and learned a lot from them. Despite using Xara since the Corel days, I still haven't investigated shades and tints in any serious way. However, your vid has shown me that the feature can be used in a quick and convenient manner and really doesn't affect workflow.

Also, because of your vids, I remembered that I had a Wacom tablet somewhere. I found it at the back of a cupboard, it's an old serial port Artpad II which is not produced anymore. But, I found XP drivers at the Wacom site and now I'm scribbling about like a madman. Thanks again, I think.
    -- Bob

Thanks for the videos Bob

Your videos can be longer than 10 minutes with a Director account, but the file size is still restricted to 100 MB. If this video is larger, it might explain why youtube didn't accept it.

http://www.google.com/support/youtub...y?answer=58380

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Your videos can be longer than 10 minutes with a Director account, but the file size is still restricted to 100 MB. If this video is larger, it might explain why youtube didn't accept it.

http://www.google.com/support/youtub...y?answer=58380
    No, it's just goofy right now. The file is only 15 MB. I signed up for the director account about 3 days ago now. We'll see.

-Bob.
    •Bob

This was great Bob..Very helpful!
    I have not explored this feature in Xara much either, now I will!
    Thanks!