Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default HELP ! Please. Removing the word DEMO from the Background trial version

Hi , I have just downloaded the trial version of xara3d obviously had to try it before buying it... the problem I have is that the xara 3d demo background appears on any logos I create, is this going to stay there while the initial trial runs or is there a way to get rid of it.. ? Thanks for any help you can offer...

Default Re: HELP ! Please

Yes I'm sorry to say, buy the full version. It's a bargain at the price. The watermarks are there for a purpose like all watermarks to protect the seller's interests

Default Re: HELP ! Please

You are stuck with it, as long as you are using the demo software, but any X3D file saved from the demo can be loaded into the full version, and the demo background will vanish.

And Welcome to the forums. It is a good place to get lots of help and encouragement from other enthusiasts.

Mike

Default Re: HELP ! Please. Removing the word DEMO from the Background trial version

okay thanks for that ... now i been and bought it online and have downloaded as they say but the serial number is nowhere to be found am i a clutz or is it hidden somewhere lol ? thanks for your help here

Default Re: HELP ! Please. Removing the word DEMO from the Background trial version

When you purchased online, I believe you are asked for your email address and for a password to use for your account. On the page you download from the serial number is usually there. If you didn't notice it, you can log into your account on the Xara.com main web page. Upper left of the screen. Enter your email address and the password you provided. You can alway check your account and find your serial numbers and a history of all your purchases.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for your help , sadly it appears i've been had after buying or believing I was buying it appears the site I downloaded it from is nothing more than a scam..

Not only do they take your money without providing you a serial number they also have a virus hidden in the set up called Hacktool the company url is http://www.cheap-software-megastore.com/

I contacted Xara and asked for their help and they emailed me the following response::

Hello,

I'm very sorry to say that they are not a reseller of ours. Nor is our product $15. That site is fraudulent.

If you purchased by credit card, please contact your credit card company to intervene.

A list of our resellers is here:
    http://www.xara.com/ordering/world.asp

Or you can purchase direct from Xara at www.xara.com.

Customer Support
    Last edited by lf2001; 01 September 2006 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

This site is illegal. The domain is a new one (from 28th Aug. 2006).

Tip: Never open Spam mails and never click on links to their sites.

Here are some details about the Domain, but look at the address - it's all a big lie:

domain: cheap-software-megastore.com
    origin-c: JOCO-1066560
    organization: Riabokon, Igor L.
    email: whereismycat@bk.ru
    address: ATTN
    address: c/o Network Solutions
    city: P.O. Box 447
    state: --
    postal-code: P.O. Box 447
    phone: --
    fax: --

admin-c: uy2959kx9gm@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m#0
    tech-c: uy2959kx9gm@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m#1
    billing-c: whereismycat@bk.ru#3
    nserver: ns.ebook-mega-store.com
    nserver: ns2.ebook-mega-store.com
    created: 2005-08-28 06:34:21 UTC
    modified: 2005-08-28 06:34:21 UTC
    expires: 2008-08-28 06:34:21 UTC

contact-hdl: uy2959kx9gm@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m#0
    email: uy2959kx9gm@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m
    phone: 570-708-8780

contact-hdl: uy2959kx9gm@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m#1
    email: uy2959kx9gm@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m
    phone: 570-708-8780

contact-hdl: whereismycat@bk.ru#3
    person: Vladimir Mironov
    email: whereismycat@bk.ru
    address: Abonentsky yashik 16
    city: Moscow
    postal-code: 117525
    phone: +79032772599

Thankyou all for your help and advice... I have been lucky in the respect I have been in contact with Xara throughout my dealings with this fraudulent company trading as cheap software...
    I have just purchased the software from Xara and they have been kind enough to deduct the $15 I lost to this bogus company...
    I'm one of the lucky ones but still feel aggrieved as there will be plenty of others to lose their money this way....
    Once again thank you all...
    Regards
    Neale

Just another reason to love Xara the prg and Xara the company!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lf2001 View Post
    Thankyou all for your help and advice... I have been lucky in the respect I have been in contact with Xara throughout my dealings with this fraudulent company trading as cheap software...
    I have just purchased the software from Xara and they have been kind enough to deduct the $15 I lost to this bogus company...
    I'm one of the lucky ones but still feel aggrieved as there will be plenty of others to lose their money this way....
    Once again thank you all...
    Regards
    Neale
    This action reflects well on Xara. Of course, they did not have to do this, but the fact they did says a lot about the company.

Regards,

Alan