Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changes in post tracking

I've moved TalkGraphics to a new post tracking system which relies less on cookies. One impact of this change is that the messageboard remembers what threads you have read — even between visits. So if you were to go into the Xtreme forum for example and read 5 of the 10 new topics, when you come back later the 5 topics you didn't read will still be shown as unread.

One benefit of this system is that you don't have to read all new threads in one forum in one go.

If you wish, you can manually mark forums as read.

To mark an individual forum as read:
    • Within the forum you wish to mark as read, click Forum Tools > Mark This Forum Read.
    To mark all forums as read:
    • On any page click Quick Links > Mark Forums Read.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Default Re: Changes in post tracking

OK, thanks for the heads up.
    This explains why all threads suddenly became "unread" this morning

Sounds great! I also noticed before that if I check at work (from bookmarks thru portable firefox on a jumpdrive) and then I check at home, the one I check later might not be consistent in showing what I didn't read, etc. I'm looking forward to see how this will work now.

This new feature still has some minor bugs though. After reading a whole board and updating the forum's main index, the board in question was still highlighted (highlit?) as unread. Also just now I visited an "unread" board which contained threads that were all read...even though this was my first visit to TG today

[edit]Though it could be just me, cause I don't hear anyone else talking about it[/edit]