Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plug-Ins

Default Plug-Ins

Since this is a major new/improved feature of Xtreme, how about a thread to report/review the status of plug-ins that have been tested (commercial, shareware, and freeware). I haven't used plug-ins much in the past but am much more interested now that Xtreme will do a much better job of utilizing them. Eventually this could be compiled and presented on a web page (perhaps XaraXone?) for better presentation.

Feedback I think would be useful is below. If others have other criteria, please add:

o Plug-in name.
    o Brief description of functionality.
    o Web site.
    o Price.
    o Works 100%, partially, or not at all (w/ details/anomolies provided).
    o Works with bitmaps only, vector only, or both.
    o Xara specific or Photoshop compatible.

Default Re: Plug-Ins

That might be a good section of the forum... like the swap brushes section.

good idea Steven! I will second the motion.

And thirded...

I have browsed quite a few, and although many of them are just a few £/$/€, if you buy 10 and only 3 are good then it is annoying.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I think I heard something to the effect that this will be part of the Xtreme page when it goes live on the Xara site.

Gary

There will be a web page on the website, that's correct.

But this is a good idea about the forum, and we'll add one soon. We're also going to fold the XPE forum back into the main Xara X forum, as it's not highly trafficked.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hi All,

Well, I am a big smile - after trying out Xara Xtreme (cool name BTW) last night and today at work I feel luckey...: Favourite drawing package has been reborn...

The focus is on plug-ins, because of the ability to keep things sort of vector based even after applying plug-in effects... but but but...

Is that all? Do we want a embedded Photoshop as the major upgrade to our beloved Xara X? Hmmm.. Allright it IS very cool, but I am looking for information about HOW 3rd party programmers can interact with Xara Xtreme...

Where do I get that information? Do I really have to learn the Adobe Plug-in standard to integrate with Xara Xtreme?

I have seen the PDF-export filter but, and I guess other ways of integration is possibel - but how??? Please tell me! :-)
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Just been trying Extreme and was amazed how easy Picture Editor works with plug-in. Attached is recent winter picture it was adjusted with a Craqualure 3D water ripple plug-in I'm inpressed so far. Going to buy this one for sure
    Snowbird57
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oct 05.jpg 
Views:	1263 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	21048  

Quote Originally Posted by netsi
    Allright it IS very cool, but I am looking for information about HOW 3rd party programmers can interact with Xara Xtreme...
    Ditto that. Where are the API specs, is there an SDK, will the information be public domain?

Hello

Xtreme does not use all the plugins that XaraX1 uses.
    I can use a lot of Photoshop CS filters in Xarax, as well as my KPT3 ones. They do not appear in Xtreme's list.
    I have directed it my plugins folder, that both CS and Xarax1 use.

Mike Engles

There are several different "flavors" of plugins. Xtreme works with some flavors but not all. You will have to wait for somebody much more familiar with plugins to be able to tell the difference...

sorry...