Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi ..I get this message when I try to open Photoshop CS "Could not initialize Photoshop because of a problem using the Adobe Color Engine" then if I try again I get the message "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error". I'm running XP SP2 on a 200 gig drive with over a hundred gig spare. Ive recently reinstalled windows. Photoshop was working before the reinstall...Any ideas?
    IP

Hi ..I get this message when I try to open Photoshop CS "Could not initialize Photoshop because of a problem using the Adobe Color Engine" then if I try again I get the message "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error". I'm running XP SP2 on a 200 gig drive with over a hundred gig spare. Ive recently reinstalled windows. Photoshop was working before the reinstall...Any ideas?
    IP

I have had similar problems because I have a lot of filters and plugins from PS 5 that still work in 7, CS balks at loading them.

If you have installed filters, try to break them up in batches until you find the one that gives you problems, or if you have to don't use filters with CS. Styles don't seem a problem, however.

If you have loaded the filters into Adobe/Photosho CS, you can use Windows explorer to remove the new filters. And try rebooting PS. If it was to another directory, then move that other directory or folder temporarily and change where PS is looking for those filters the next time so the other programs that need those filters also can find them.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks a million youve made my day...yes it was a batch of old filters..they're gone and all is well
    IP