Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Drop Shadow effect in Illustrator CS6

I can't seem to find the drop shadow effect in Illustrator CS6. I know it should be located until the Effect menu -> Stylize -> Drop Shadow, but the only option that appears under Stylize is Glowing Edges. I have also tried to access the drop shadow effect through the Appearance panel, but it doesn't show up their either.

I am stumped! Any solutions will be much appreciated!
    IP

Default Re: Drop Shadow effect in Illustrator CS6

Whoops - just answered my own question. Under Stylize there are "Photoshop effects" and "Illustrator effects." Two separate categories. Now if I could just figure out how to delete this question!
    IP

Thank you for taking the time to post back with the answer to your own question, you aren't the first to have this question, and by leaving the posts in place your Q&A will help others.

Welcome to TalkGraphics.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by AliMari View Post
    I can't seem to find the drop shadow effect in Illustrator CS6. I know it should be located until the Effect menu -> Stylize -> Drop Shadow, but the only option that appears under Stylize is Glowing Edges. I have also tried to access the drop shadow effect through the Appearance panel, but it doesn't show up their either.

I am stumped! Any solutions will be much appreciated!
    Something could have happened with your preferences, because there should be several choices under stylize. You can reset your preferences by starting Illy while holding down ctrl+alt+shift. You will loose any interface customizations you might have done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1_ @ 91% (CMYK_Preview).jpg 
Views:	1271 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	93467

Take care, Mike
    IP