Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Creating panorama photos

I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7. I cannot get the photos to be next to each other, each photo I place in the program''s title bar or black editor overrides the previous one, so I am not able to create the panoramic photo that I want. What could I be doing wrong.

Default Re: Creating panorama photos

You need to start with a new file in XP&GD 7 and import (Ctrl+Alt+I) the photos you want to use in your panorama.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Also sounds like you've opened the image in a photo document rather than a print/website document.

Try File > New > A4 Portrait. Then try Bob's suggestion above, you will be able to import multiple images in that document.

OK I got 3 photos lined up but when I click on PHOTO/CREATE PANORAMA I get a pop up that says find out more and it directs me to another Magix software for doing upgraded panorama. Is version 7 made to do panorama photos.

according to the list you need the pro version to do that without upgrade [pretty certain that applies to version 7 as well]

http://www.xara.com/uk/products/designer/compare/
    Last edited by handrawn; 21 July 2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: ver 7
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@woodpecker you have to select all the photos in P&GD7 for this to work, or you will get the popup you only have to upgrade for an unlimited number of images.
    3 or 4 is the limit I think in P&GD7.
    You can take a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead!

I've been working long enough in this area and use the RonyaSoft Poster Printer
    Last edited by gwpriester; 11 August 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: New members are not permitted commercial links

Woodpecker, I had a very similar problem. Once I figured how to get the photos lined up, I still couldn't get the panorama feature to work. When I tried to select the three photos I was using, selecting one would unselect the other and I'd get that error message that you got. Finally, I found that I could go into Edit and choose Select All. That did it. After selecting all, I hit the panorama button again and this time it worked perfectly!

Hi cyberqueen - if you hold down shift you should be able to add [or subtract] objects from your selection
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, handrawn. That's really good to know. In the case of the panorama, "Select All" did the trick, but I'm sure your info about the shift key will come in handy.