Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Jon, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. I think you imported the Symbol tiff image of the MC-70 into Xara and inserted it into an Office document and you see them rendered differently on your screen.

I imported the tiff image into Xara Xtreme Pro and opened it in Photoshop 7.0 using the imbedded profile. Here are screen grabs showing them side by side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	symbol-mc-70.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	32849  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Xhris
    As I said I was producing a collage image from photographs using XPE to adjust the levels of about four images. Each image was placed on a new layer in Xtreme; transparency applied to blend them together. I used Mehdi plugin to apply natural grain to each of the images for consistency and certain areas of the individual photographs were croped using using xtreme to slice rather than XPE to crop. (though I'd also been cropping in XPE)
    On a number of occasions now I've had the program shut down due to serious error whilst doing this or similar.
    Working with vector images of a larger file size, using the likes of Mehdi for natural grain etc, has produced no problems what so ever so its not the computer running out of steam..(2gig ram, AMD Athlon dual core), it 'seems' to be (processed) photographs its less happy with.
    I repeated the operation with the photographs using Xtreme-not-pro, all except the level adjustment without any bother.
    It also has to be said I repeated the operation with Pro for one collage and it went fine, which is why I was wondering if anyone else had had any problems rather than assuming it was a buggy problem common to all.
    Irritating but not life threatening.
    derek
    Ah, I've just had this crash. I tried to reproduce my steps exactly, but it didn't happen again...at least I've seen it now though.

Xhris
    I've had it happen a couple more times since mentioning it. I can't make it happen either, it just does sometimes.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Xhris
    I've had it happen a couple more times since mentioning it. I can't make it happen either, it just does sometimes.
    Derek
    AHA! I've solved it...(Xara are aware of this now BTW).

behold your bug:

1. close and load xara
    2. drag a photo onto the document from the clipart gallery
    3. double click to load XPE
    4. click the tick to close XPE
    5. select the LE tool
    6. Select the selector tool
    7. double click photo again to reload XPE
    8. click levels tool to crash xara beyond recovery

Phew, this one took 30 mins to get. I seem to be on a role tonight with bug finding - this and the annoying progress bar issue are recipe'd at long last.
    Last edited by Xhris; 05 December 2006 at 01:12 AM.

Frequently, I get an error message when changing the time (sec) value of a frame or frames when in anim mode.

I think I mentioned this befire, didn't worry about it, thought it may be a one-off but it happens quite often.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Frequently, I get an error message when changing the time (sec) value of a frame or frames when in anim mode.

I think I mentioned this befire, didn't worry about it, thought it may be a one-off but it happens quite often.
    I think this one (or one very similar if not) has been fixed in the new retail version (612 i think).
    Last edited by Xhris; 05 December 2006 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    I think this one (or one very similar if not) has been fixed in the new retail version (612 i think).
    Thank you.
    (I think)
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

I keep getting, when importing an image to XtremePro, green lines, seemingly segments of text boxes left about the screen.
    There can be several or just one and they have no thickness or line colour in the ordinary sense, though they are editable in that you can stretch / shrink the length and most annoyingly, they are printable so if you don't notice them your printer does.
    Is it just me or has anyone else experienced these phantom text box segments.
    I should add I don't need to have any text boxes or any text in the current document for these to appear.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	32917  

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    The issues with the line width control are fixed, and will be sorted in the final release version.
    Not sure whether this has been mentioned. I was wanting to align some cutting marks (lines)with the page boundary, this means setting one of the X or Y dimensions to zero. XXP would not allow this. Up popped “Sorry, that entry is invalid. Please enter a positive non-zero number in the Width and Height fields.”

I have been able to successfully align images and cutting marks etc with page boundaries to zero in XX.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sigmation; 06 December 2006 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added XXP document

There seems to be another bug: I can't open Xara Xtreme pro Files with Xara Xtreme - it gives me an error.