Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with creating a big 'FAQ' page.....

Hi there....

Please excuse my ignorance and probably plain lack of terminology // knowledge but I am a newbie to the world of web design. Help is very much appreciated!

I'm currently in the process of creating a website and I have a 'FAQ' page. Now with my website I need to post many FAQ's!!

What is the best way to do it?

I do like FAQ'S I've seen in the past where you click on the question and the text is initially 'hidden' and then it appears (drops down) from below the question. How can I do this or is there another and/or better way to do it??

Thanks for your help

Default Re: Help with creating a big 'FAQ' page.....

Welcome to TalkGraphics Peachy

How many FAQs do you have?

I'm not sure you can do this in Web Designer. You could do it with pop up layers but if you have a lot of FAQs it could get to be a bit of a logistical nightmare as you would need to create a layer for each FAQ.

One could cut down on the number of popup layers required by grouping the questions/answers. Each time a particular question is clicked, answers for the entire related group would appear.
    It may not be the most desireable approach, but would simplify the logistics.

How about adapting a nav bar. It an be extended to as many questions as will fit on a page and the answer can be placed on the second level nav menu popped up by mouse over the question and has the advantage of being able to be linked to another section or web site for further information on the question.

Just a thought

ken

faq solution.web
    Last edited by mentorman; 24 February 2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: moved attachment

Quote Originally Posted by RacerChris View Post
    One could cut down on the number of popup layers required by grouping the questions/answers. Each time a particular question is clicked, answers for the entire related group would appear.
    It may not be the most desireable approach, but would simplify the logistics.
    Thanks for the replies....in the end I just put the most important FAQ's on the page & linked the remainder to an attached PDF document. Seems to work for now