Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Export from XPGD 6, Import to Flash CS4, Problems With Every Format

Actually I meant "will Xara sell it to me?" I need to buy enough seats for a whole department. That's going to be hard to find by going the eBay/Amazon route.

Todd you will need to contact Xara Sales for information about purchasing any version. Members here at TG are not representative of Xara.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Members here at TG are not representative of Xara.
    With the exception of; bb2, PeterS, covoxer, Neil, PhilM, LukeHart, GerryI, Kate Moir, Charles Moir and possibly AntonyF

However I still echo Bill's advice, best to contact Xara directly for purchasing queries.
    Use the forum HERE and select 'Sales'

Don't know about that ToddS, you'll need to ask Xara. What you must remember is swf is Flashes animation export file type for browser display etc. It's not Flashes native authoring file type which is .fla. For example you can't import a Flash generated swf into Flash and guarantee the results will be exactly those of the .fla authoring environment.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You forgot a few Steve, but I'm sure it was just an oversight since you may not have had your morning coffee yet.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'm just about the remedy the coffee situation, I couldn't remember Martin's member name or the MAGIX staff members for that matter

Has this been posted to 'Dear Xara' yet?
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Thanks everyone. I submitted a ticket so I'll wait for a reply on that before I contact sales. I'm still hopeful someone has a better way to export/import that doesn't involve Illustrator or fixing things after import. I do realize that SWF is an output format and not a source format, but the Xara X swf exports worked perfectly as a Flash import. Flash can import simple SWFs back into the authoring environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Has this been posted to 'Dear Xara' yet?
    Is that the wish-list forum? If I don't hear an encouraging reply from my ticket, I'll certainly post this over there. I think what Xara really needs to do is offer a SWF export option that is specifically for importing into Flash. They can just drop in their old SWF export code from Xara X. I'm oversimplifying of course, but that's the gist of it.

I'm an animator and I use XPGD a lot for creating .swf assets(non -animating). I can't say I have encountered the problems that you have. The one big thing to note is that if you have profiled lines in Xara it is best to change them to editable shapes.

The only suggestion I have, based on my experience with Adobe and Flash updates, is that it may well be Flash that is the problem. I have Flash CS3 and it seems to work fine. Maybe it is CS4 that is the problem?
    If you want to post a bit of a demo xar file I can see if I can export and open it in CS3 if you don't have it?