Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Which web authoring software do you use?

Voters
600. This poll is closed
  • Adobe Dreamweaver

135 22.50%
  • Microsoft Frontpage

71 11.83%
  • NetObjects Fusion

34 5.67%
  • Notepad or similar

19 3.17%
  • Web based builder

6 1.00%
  • Xara Xtreme

41 6.83%
  • Other

294 49.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which web authoring software do you use?

No mention of the 2 nd most popular web editor up until 3 years ago in the list, GoLive which is shocking. Still use it as it has "smart objects" as do the rest of the Adobe Suite and it has great support for CSS and at the time better than DW,
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

• Dynamic HTML Editor / Is actually an HTML generator - Good W3C

• Weblus X2 - Nice for drawing/templates/effects/site checker etc/anti-alias on page for certain graphics weak/graphic on page resize weak/good forms maker

• Coffee-cup HTML editor

* Flash - • Swish • Quicker • SWF Easy

Look forward to test Xara Web Designer
    IP

Some people look down upon Dreamweaver (cuz it's not hardcore like coding HTML directly) but I use it and love it.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by plugins-guy View Post
    Some people look down upon Dreamweaver (cuz it's not hardcore like coding HTML directly) but I use it and love it.
    Given that Xara's new Web Developer software is going to remove the designer even further from HTML coding, I don't expect you'll find that attitude around here much.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Hi Spinny,

you have to reconsider, that Xara is trying to marketing their product this way ("no HTML skills required"). But the question is: Do you believe in this?

I'm sure we will see a lot of new threads within the next weeks, because there are problems here and there and maybe some users will be disappointed, if they really thought that they would not need the necessary skills for jumping into the Web-Business...

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 04 March 2009 at 03:45 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Xara is trying to marketing their product this way ("no HTML skills required"). But the question is: Do you believe in this?
    Well, everything is relative in this world. So it depends on how complex web site do you want to create. There is a level which really requires no html coding skills in WD. All that's above that level, of course, is either impossible or need a brute force.
    John.
    IP

For my part I must admit, I'm a little skeptical about the idea that WD doesn't need the ability to insert code into the header. On these forums alone I've read posts from some people who point out useful little snippets that belong there. I might hope that in a later version they borrow from the Coffee Cup WYSIWYG web designer and add a little drop-down dialog box for pasting header snippets in.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    IP

People may be interested in Covoxer's reply in the thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36661
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Sweet. Just got back from lunch and hadn't caught up on all the threads yet. Thanks!
    IP

I have been using Notepad/wordpad to design websites since '95 I think. I update 50 meg worth of webpages daily. Sorry, there are things that a WYSIWYG editor just can't do economically. I just rebuilt my 1500+ page website in under 30 seconds.

I have been using Xara since 1.0 days for my web graphics/layout. It is one fantastic piece of software.

I doubt I will get the new program. Once you can sling the code, nothing else will suit your needs. There is nothing faster loading than flat html.

I see there are a few code slingers still out there.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook
    IP