Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking The all new Zebtoonz website!

Well, I finished it! I updated my Zebtoonz website using Xara Designer Pro 7. And I must say, it was a remarkable experience! I am SO glad I chose to do it with XDP7! I mean, it was so easy and so intuitive! Since I am so familiar with Xara--aside from its web design capabilities which I had heretofore never tried--I figured it must be the best way to revamp my site. And it was! I can't say enough about how good it is for web design. I was dreading fumbling around with Dreamweaver again after so many years since I first launched my site, but this was a snap!

Whew! Now I'm gonna take a break! That was a major milestone for me. Ha!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: The all new Zebtoonz website!

Very nice site Zeb! Looks great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Zeb.

Great looking web site.

The only criticism I would have is that when you go to one of the sub-menu pages, then the main menu needs to be shown as highlighted.
    For example, if I go to 'Creating a Comic' under the 'Tutorials' menu, then when I am at the Creating a Comic page, it doesn't show that I am in 'Tutorials'.
    This is only my opinion, of course.
    You may prefer it, the way it is.

Otherwise, really a great looking site.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Looks great!

Not a fan of the serif font on the menu drop-downs - jars a bit with the cartoon style of the site.

very clean site Zeb - very impressive design - and I really do like your tutorials...

[speaking of which.. you use a 5mm technical/mechanical pencil ! ok - most who already draw would understand it should be 0.5mm, but it might just confuse the newbies ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Hi Zeb.
    The only criticism I would have is that when you go to one of the sub-menu pages, then the main menu needs to be shown as highlighted.
    For example, if I go to 'Creating a Comic' under the 'Tutorials' menu, then when I am at the Creating a Comic page, it doesn't show that I am in 'Tutorials'.
    This is only my opinion, of course.
    You may prefer it, the way it is.

Otherwise, really a great looking site.
    First off, thanks everyone for all the positive comments! Rik, I like your idea! Any idea how I can do that?

Paul, the drop-downs are san-serif when I view them so I can't understand what is happening. I'll have the check the settings in my navbar and see if there is a way to fix that. Thanks for the comment!

Handrawn, oops! A real bonafide boo-boo! Thanks for pointing it out.

One thing I don't like on the Portfolio page is that if you are viewing one of the images or videos and happen to click on the page it pops back to the main image. How do I change that, if I can? I still don't know how to make the page scroll up to the top when a thumbnail is selected. No one has answered that thread yet.

maybe your drop-down font is not a 'web-safe' one ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    maybe your drop-down font is not a 'web-safe' one ?
    It was Lucida. I think I'm gonna try Comic Sans MS. See how that looks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBtoonz View Post
    One thing I don't like on the Portfolio page is that if you are viewing one of the images or videos and happen to click on the page it pops back to the main image. How do I change that, if I can?
    You need to lock the layer.

See item 10 here: ► http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...anced-features

Lucida shows on the dropdowns fine here Zeb

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You need to lock the layer.

See item 10 here: ► http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...anced-features
    Thanks, Steve! Well, my popup layers were already named popup and so I tried adding (lock) to one layer. Now it stays locked, but I don't like that I have to add a Close button to switch to another image. This is the website that I am trying to attain a similar effect with my portfolio. How can I do that?